• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bball Recruiting Update

WakeJake is posting. It is under another name. I'll let him reveal that name if he wants.

From what I've heard, I would be shocked if Tabb is back next year, fwiw.

I am very encouraged about Rountree and CMM and what I've heard about them, however the problem I have is these are the kind of players you take to round out a class not the players you start your recruiting class with and nothing I have seen suggests we had to offer when we did to avoid losing them to another school (especially CMM). It makes me wonder if [Redacted] believes these are the top players he can land and/or if he believes we'd lose them as soon as almost any other ACC-level school got involved...

Exactly. Every sleeper we have ever signed comes along with the "HIS RECRUITING IS ABOUT TO BLOW UP!!!!!!" tag.

Color me skeptical.

I'm actually genuinely excited about our recruits based on the film I've watched. I can't wait to see Rountree and Fischer wearing OG&B. Still need a big man, though.

I'd be thrilled if Rountree ended up as good as Levy. He was a 2011 kid who reclassified and still only had major offers from us and Colorado. Schools had plenty of time to evaluate him and offer him if he were any good. Hopefully he's a gem who slipped through the cracks, but I wouldn't count on it.

From what I've heard, I would be shocked if Tabb is back next year, fwiw.

Interesting. Not doubting you but quite a few are saying otherwise unless this is a very recent development.

There is no reason to compare Rountree to Levy. They look alike in terms of body type and skin color, but that's about it. We can also stop comparing every single combo guard to Taron Downey.

Levy was a decent player, but he had no offensive skills other than offensive rebounding. Rountree has the skills of a point guard. Levy was also pretty strong, despite his appearance, while that doesn't appear to be the case with Rountree.

Aminu was a NBA-level version of Levy.

Oettinger's comment about Wake losing a highly-ranked kid from Tarboro to VT just kills me. It's so true. That should never happen unless he's the son of VT's head coach.

Going to ask the same thing I just asked on premium over here because I'm not going to get an answer over there.
Any names of 2011 big man targets? Any specific Europeans we are after? Is Hunter Michelson on our radar?

Oettinger's comment about Wake losing a highly-ranked kid from Tarboro to VT just kills me. It's so true. That should never happen unless he's the son of VT's head coach.

I don't really get this. VT is a giant school with a very different campus and feel than WFU. Maybe he just didn't feel like Wake Forest was right for him? You don't get kids just because they are in your territory.

Back