• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Beckham tiff with a Deac.

i love it when the mascot comes in holding the "Sportscenter is next" sign. classic

Cool facial hair, Becks. Also, fuck you.

Sam Cronin is an American hero.

Yep, he thought Cronin was playing up being injured. Then he just completely lost his cool. Probably still butt hurt from not making Great Britain's Olympic team.

Yep, he thought Cronin was playing up being injured. Then he just completely lost his cool. Probably still butt hurt from not making Great Britain's Olympic team.

I mean...he did jump straight to his feet when the ball hit him...

I mean...he did jump straight to his feet when the ball hit him...

Cant say that I blame him. I'd be fighting mad if I had a ball come flying at my face out of the blue.

The above comment was serious, but there's a joke somewhere in there about balls flying at faces.

Thread title should be: Cronin tiff with a Dick.

But, seriously- it's fucking soccer. Is the paint-drying channel not on?

actually, cue up mls.com and watch the 6-minute highlights from the entire game. Pretty killer game. San Jose was down 3-1 and came back and won 4-3

actually, cue up mls.com and watch the 6-minute highlights from the entire game. Pretty killer game. San Jose was down 3-1 and came back and won 4-3

And therein lies the rub... If Americans could watch all 60 min+ soccer games in 6-minute highlight reels, we might be able to stomach the game.

Slowly but surely more Americans are getting into the sport. Euro 2012 final averaged 4.1 million US viewers--up from 3.8 million in 2008

Population's growing and/or getting older. Plus, lots of immigrants to the US skew that number. And older people look for things on tv which can put them to sleep.

Population's growing and/or getting older. Plus, lots of immigrants to the US skew that number. And older people look for things on tv which can put them to sleep.

We need to get cricket on our TV airways STAT.

And the full numbers:

ESPN averaged 1.3 million viewers for its Euro 2012 coverage, up 51 percent in viewers from 2008.

I was shocked how many people were watching Euro 2012 in the gym. I think there is a lot of interest. I don't like how players are bought and loaned though. One, it's like cattle. Two, with nothing resembling a salary cap, the top teams with the deepest pocketed owners are in the top 5 every fucking year. It is hard for this American to understand. Barcelona, with their development blahbadee blah is the closest thing to an organization with a minor league system that feeds the big club.

The one thing I do like is how bad teams fall back to a lower conference and are replaced by the winners of the lower conference. That shit is real.

But I doubt I will ever follow Premier league because the top teams have benches more talented than 50% of the teams.

That said, I follow college football. Go figure.

Back