• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Beckham tiff with a Deac.

I was shocked how many people were watching Euro 2012 in the gym. I think there is a lot of interest. I don't like how players are bought and loaned though. One, it's like cattle. Two, with nothing resembling a salary cap, the top teams with the deepest pocketed owners are in the top 5 every fucking year. It is hard for this American to understand. Barcelona, with their development blahbadee blah is the closest thing to an organization with a minor league system that feeds the big club.

The one thing I do like is how bad teams fall back to a lower conference and are replaced by the winners of the lower conference. That shit is real.

But I doubt I will ever follow Premier league because the top teams have benches more talented than 50% of the teams.

That said, I follow college football. Go figure.

Promotion/Relegation is so awesome.
RE: Loaning players out. It is mainly used to get younger players experience at lower levels before their parent club throw them into a bigger fire. It's a good system, but I could understand some arguments that it gets abused from time to time.

Montpellier just won Ligue 1 in France last season. Their first ever French Title. So smaller clubs do still jump up and make some noise; Newcastle did amazingly well last season in the PL for instance..

That's ESPN- you just cited a higher number above- how is this the full number?

The numbers you quoted were all the games for the tournament. The previous number (and the higher one) was just the Final itself between Spain and Italy.

Population's growing and/or getting older. Plus, lots of immigrants to the US skew that number. And older people look for things on tv which can put them to sleep.

Which is why they all watch baseball.

I am impressed that beckham kicked it so accurately.

American football. A game played only in America. I love it, but it's lower on the world totem pole than cricket. That tells you something.

It's the Fourth of July, goddamnit!!! You goddamned communist heathen. You had best sound off that you love the virgin Mary or I'm gonna stomp your guts out.

It's the Fourth of July, goddamnit!!! You goddamned communist heathen. You had best sound off that you love the virgin Mary or I'm gonna stomp your guts out.

Ha ha...you're right. I love 'Murica, and I love 'Murican football. Damn you.

I think it's difficult to "coach" a sport that you find boring. Invariably, that dislike comes across to kids. If you don't like a sport, don't coach it - just enjoy watching your kids play for someone else.

Baseball is boring. Soccer is non-stop SOMETHING going on, at least. I still like Hockey, Shooty-hoops and Football more, but its up there.

Oh, and fuck Beckham.

Nope, I used to play baseball, and it was boring then too - unless you were pitching or batting.

just because you used to play baseball doesn't mean that you understand it. especially at the major league level. not that thats necessarily true in your case, but i mean the vast majority of people who played even in HS don't really understand the complexities of the game

just because you used to play baseball doesn't mean that you understand it. especially at the major league level. not that thats necessarily true in your case, but i mean the vast majority of people who played even in HS don't really understand the complexities of the game

Same can easily be said for footy as well.

I like baseball a lot, for the record, and I stopped playing it when I was 12 or so.

Back