• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best pitching performance in MLB history?

Dock Ellis throwing a no-hitter while tripping on LSD is the best pitching performance in MLB history.

lol you gotta love the AWFUL dave cameron here talking about single game WAR

but i'd say Cain's perfect game in 2012 with 14 strikeouts was at least as impressive

I like Rick Wise's no-no. He also hit 2 HRs and drove in three of the four runs.

Kerry Woods 20K 1 hitter is best in history.

came in seeing rj posting and figured it had to be either halladay or larsen

I think the Dean brothers pitching a doubleheader with a no-no and a one hitter was pretty good.

Larsen's perfect game in the WS has to be above a regular season game.

Every time Felix takes the mound to grace us with his presence. God among mere mortals.

how far back do we have FIP/xFIP numbers?

I admired Johnny Padres performance in game 7 of the '55 world series. There was a little more pressure on him than a game in June. Bob Gibson 3 complete games in the '67 world series is up there too.

I'm biased but I've never seen a more dominant performance than Wood's 20K game, of course he gave up a hit.

If we put it in the context of this era's higher strikeout rate and defensive shifting, its hard to say that it is GOAT.

Hitters in 1998:
.266/.335/.420
K% - 16.9%

Hitters in 2014:
.251/.317/.391
K% - 20.3%

Fuck that.

Gotta be a night for Pedro, maybe that All-Star game in fact.

The best MLB pitching performance is Johnny Vander Meer's back-to-back no hitters in 1938. Will never be duplicated.

I only made the first game here. Had to deliver ice for the one one.

Fuck that.

Gotta be a night for Pedro, maybe that All-Star game in fact.

Sept 10th,1999 Pedro pitched a one hitter (w/17 Ks) in Yankee Stadium and the next day, the Deacs beat Army at the Point.

How about randy Johnson in game 7 of the 2001 World Series on no dys rest

Back