• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Better Call Saul, The Mafia Game. Indies Win! Gooner, GAT and Duff

Thanks to Dv7 for knowing Steven Gerrard is good at soccer.

I have as many Premier League Winner's Medals as Steven Gerrard. Zero.

However, he has me on fights started with a random DJ for not playing Phil Collins. 1-nil to $tevie Me.

Mental game: If when I was recruited like 4 days ago I come out and say Gat is Mike and Duff and Gooner are either Fring or indies, does knight have a chance to win? Do the civs win?

Also, our mafia had it rough, but fuck me, civs had no fucking chance.

When I first discussed the game with tic, he thought I likely needed 2 more civs. I know most think of Da's role as any indy but he was definitely a civ. there was a chance if either gooner or duff died, the other + huell would become civs. Jimmy (civ) only became Saul (indy) if he found Kim.

Huh, I guess I need to check how I am coming across. I wasn't mad or anything, cause I didn't care who lived and died at that point as long as they spent money - and I had no idea who could or couldn't spend money.

Lets be clear - it was super-convenient for me to "clear" you then too. I can't recall what else was happening but i remember trying to pivot that into some degree of leading the discussion. There's a very real chance it was me looking for something that may not have been there.

Honestly i know the outcome looks wildly unbalanced but a lot went right for mafs/indy to get there.

How did Tejas become not aligned with the Indy anymore? Was that a choice and how does that work with him being still alive until Gooner vigged him?

I thought I was recruitable given my write up or was going to be given tasks/powers

when neither happened I changed my ID and thus alignment with Indy

I can't send him rep right now, but Knight played a very good game. His in-game tone was good and his reads were spot-on.

I was all about keeping both win conditions alive as long as i could.

In the end i seriously consider Maf2 just as much winners as the Indys. I think i only posted this in our chatzy right when i came clean but i legit asked Parlay if we could all win.

I picked Gooner because its always more fun when Indys win.

In the end I think Mike would choose Saul and in fact Mike hated the Frings, so it works out.

LOL.

Balance.

Well, with 6 people left, there were 2 civs, 2 mafia 1, 1 mafia 2 and an indy. It's likely just luck but it seemed to work out ok. As I said to tic, I don't need perfect balance and I'm ok if this slants towards Jimmy/Saul. He's the hero and has the most hurdles to clear on the smallest team. I wanted to the game to be fun. If it were modded better (and I eliminated the money/ID element), I think most folks (except nonny) would have really enjoyed it.

I can't send him rep right now, but Knight played a very good game. His in-game tone was good and his reads were spot-on.

All we need is a national crisis to keep his time availability for diarrhea splatter posting down

@parlay I still dont understand my role writeup about my bloodthirsty teammates and revealing who I was to them, nor why my vig was hidden, although I considered using it on knight and now wish I had because I would have caught gat's bullshit in fringchad

Who killed me? I want to thank that person.

This role should not be in any mafia game.

Howard Hamlin (Civ) - You are Howard Hamlin of HHM. As managing partner, you are very image conscious. As a result, you want to avoid any chance your image is tarnished. Therefore, you must never vote for a player that is eliminated during the day. If you do, you will be administratively removed from the game. You win with the town.

I was going to come out at the start of day 2 saying something like, "For the rest of this game, I will be voting for whoever is the most civ of the group. I will give reads and say who I think should be lynched each round and people should use those reads to evaluate if I'm civ or mafia. But not my votes as they will never be relevant." It prob would have worked but would have just led to unnecessary complications that don't help the game.

Well, with 6 people left, there were 2 civs, 2 mafia 1, 1 mafia 2 and an indy. It's likely just luck but it seemed to work out ok. As I said to tic, I don't need perfect balance and I'm ok if this slants towards Jimmy/Saul. He's the hero and has the most hurdles to clear on the smallest team. I wanted to the game to be fun. If it were modded better (and I eliminated the money/ID element), I think most folks (except nonny) would have really enjoyed it.

I think most folks really enjoyed it anyway

The Nonny kill was us looking for someone that was: 1) a good player, 2) an independent thinker, and 3) unlikely to be protected that night.

Sorry man.

Thanks parlay. Unfortunately, on my own personal end, we’re approaching the point where I don’t have the ability to contribute much to these games. When all I can do is skim 20 pages in 3 mins to make a vote before trying to get back in a couple of hours to do the same thing again, it means I probably shouldn’t be playing.

Props to parlay for putting together a game that fit the theme and gave each faction especially Indys a chance to win.

TY. Props to PH for playing with a role restriction and having fun with it. I thought you played great. Nonny had a different view of his role restriction. Unfortunately, you didn't get much of a chance to hunt for Saul.

Back