• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Billboard Up Today

How is it a six year decline when 2008-2009 and 2009-2010 were right in line with where we had been the last ten years, according to the graph?

Because that's when "down" starts. Duh.

People will always complain and gripe no matter what the billboard says. Thanks Ph and Stratts, for taking up your own time to get something done voicing much of the frustration of the fan base.

How is it a six year decline when 2008-2009 and 2009-2010 were right in line with where we had been the last ten years, according to the graph?

Because the line looks like a mountain and the peak was 2007. Call it a four year decline and the point stands anyway.

A simple "Fire Ron Wellman" and his pic would have been better.

People will always complain and gripe no matter what the billboard says. Thanks Ph and Stratts, for taking up your own time to get something done voicing much of the frustration of the fan base.

lol no

big-toy-hanks.jpg

Because it shows Wake is capable of better even if they guy at the helm isn't. It also shows just how bad those years are. Wellman is the only AD Wake has had since almost all the current students were born.

See my response to scooter.

But why even show the data for all the good years - it makes it so easy for Wellman and his supporters to point to them and say - "look, I did that for you as well - you can't give me a break on a few down years?"

Personally, I think it is a mistake to focus on the overall athletic performance at all - and perhaps even to go after Wellman publicly. The focus should be on Buzz and the utter dumpster fire that is the basketball program. That is what people pay attention to and understand. The general public could not possibly care less about women's volleyball or field hockey or whatever else goes into the Director's Cup. Sure, we here care because we are the true fans that pay attention and we understand what it means. But, none of that is going to resonate with the public.

Every Tom, Dick and Harry in the public knows that the Wake Forest men's basketball program is an absolute, unmitigated disaster - and that it didn't used to be that way. People still say "What happened to Wake basketball, man? Y'all used to be good." No one says "What happened to the Wake athletic department, man? Y'all used to finish pretty high in the Director's Cup standings." Repeat, no one says that.

Give it another few years and people will stop saying the "Y'all used to be good" part.

Focus on the disastrous experiment that is Jeff Bzdelick - get rid of him and there is at least a decent chance that Wellman will follow - for whatever reason, he seems to have hitched his wagon to the Buzz-mobile. Once you shift the focus to Wellman, people can argue about all the demonstrably good things that Ron has done for the school over the past couple of decades to marginalize the movement as a bunch of lunatics. They can't do that with Buzz - there is no counter-argument.

Wake Will? Lol wut?

Wake WILL is a wide ranging campaign run by the college, not by the Athletic Department or the Deacon Club

Are you guys seriously going to call out Wake WILL?

WAKE WILL is the new giving campaign.

Which, for the record, I wholly support and don't want any of this mess to spill into support for the SCHOOL. Keep it focused on the athletics.

Back