• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

Or maybe…and bear with me here…he was trying to expand the coalition by bringing Green Party voters that helped elect Trump in 2016 back into the party rather than continuing to exclude them from the party’s circles of power.

Good place to re-quote this:

i don't relentlessly post about these people. You have always been a self-absorbed control freak trying to micromanage the posting of people you disagree with.

i have never been restricted In any way because i haven't done anything to warrant it, including mentioning bjg in god knows how long.

and board progressives are the unhinged ones

I disagree with a solid 80% of y’all, but you and Shmoo are just jerks man

yes i am more concerned with people who helped elect Donald Trump and establish a conservative Supreme Court for my lifetime than somebody who is running for mayor of a city on the other side of the country who's more than likely is going to lose.

No need to relitigate this, but this is because you have a really poor and wrong understanding of who is responsible for the state of things.

and board progressives are the unhinged ones

I disagree with a solid 80% of y’all, but you and Shmoo are just jerks man

You basically just make something up to gaslight me and then you act surprised when that's a response. not my first rodeo with this stuff from you.

shoo is just pointing out fact because he has seen this nonsense as well.

Last edited:
No need to relitigate this, but this is because you have a really poor and wrong understanding of who is responsible for the state of things.
i disagree with you. But lets blame the Democratic party for a guy who's running without the establishment support.

Last edited:
Or maybe…and bear with me here…he was trying to expand the coalition by bringing Green Party voters that helped elect Trump in 2016 back into the party rather than continuing to exclude them from the party’s circles of power.
yeah how did that work out. I can't imagine that people who'd be willing to tear it all down because they don't get their way would have their own agenda.

Last edited:
yeah how did that work out. I can't imagine that people who'd be willing to tear it all down because they don't get their way would have their own agenda.

How did the party continuing to ignore and exclude progressives from power circles go? I mean, you tell me. Looks like, based on your own posting here, that at least some progressives are drifting towards Tucker Carleson instead of being courted and welcomed by Democrats. I think that is a bad development for everybody and I wish centrist Dems would rethink their strategy of scoffing at and mocking progressives. But I’m not a political strategist so what do I know.

How did the party continuing to ignore and exclude progressives from power circles go? I mean, you tell me. Looks like, based on your own posting here, that at least some progressives are drifting towards Tucker Carleson instead of being courted and welcomed by Democrats. I think that is a bad development for everybody and I wish centrist Dems would rethink their strategy of scoffing at and mocking progressives. But I’m not a political strategist so what do I know.
about as well as can be expected in a highly divided country where the right has an electoral advantage. the far left would never be happy without policy that is a loser electorally.

ChrisL can post all he wants about Greenwald and Sarandon and Jill Stein. But has he considered trying to hold accountable the people that are actually in power right now?

Isn’t Caruso a lifelong Republican who switched parties because a Republican can’t run statewide? He’s spending a ton of money to elevate himself over lesser known Democrats. Does he have establishment support from CA Dems?

Kind of like the Dems thinking the best chance to beat Ron DeSantis is former Republican Governor Charlie Crist.

This is a very different situation. FL Dems have a very short bench. Crist left the GOP years ago and ran as an Independent. He’s served a few terms in the House as a Democrat. I think Fried is a better candidate but Crist didn’t make the politically advantageous choice like Caruso.

Political Chat Thread - All Topics & Rants Welcome

You basically just make something up to gaslight me and then you act surprised when that's a response. not my first rodeo with this stuff from you.

shoo is just pointing out fact because he has seen this nonsense as well.

What did I make up, Chris? Please feel free to be specific.

Gaslighting is an interesting accusation after the last few years of your posts, is all I’ll say.

ETA: also rich that ChrisL appropriates rhetoric originating in progressive circles while deriding progressives nonstop

Last edited:
Isn’t Caruso a lifelong Republican who switched parties because a Republican can’t run statewide? He’s spending a ton of money to elevate himself over lesser known Democrats. Does he have establishment support from CA Dems?

This is a very different situation. FL Dems have a very short bench. Crist left the GOP years ago and ran as an Independent. He’s served a few terms in the House as a Democrat. I think Fried is a better candidate but Crist didn’t make the politically advantageous choice like Caruso.

Caruso is a Republican cynically running a law and order campaign as a Democrat. He’s running for mayor of LA so I’m not sure what the statewide concern would be?

He doesn’t have establishment support, but has flooded the airwaves with advertisements and celebrity endorsements from folks who can’t vote for him anyway. Like Trump, he’s courting the lowest common denominator voter and he might just win.

He’s about as Trumpist as you can get and still run as a Democrat and is more or less the candidate of rich Dems and voters who have had enough of the homeless crisis (despite the fact that his platform had already been enacted and he appears to be about as smart as Trump when it comes to understanding policy).

Bass has the establishment support, but is getting outspent pretty badly if TV/print/radio ads and mailers are any indication.

What did I make up, Chris? Please feel free to be specific.

Gaslighting is an interesting accusation after the last few years of your posts, is all I’ll say.

ETA: also rich that ChrisL appropriates rhetoric originating in progressive circles while deriding progressives nonstop

the claim that i relentlessly bring up Greenwald or BJG when I occasionally mention either.

and the term gaslighting didn't originate in progressive circles.

the last time greenwald was mentioned on this board was may 4. before that feb 18 and it wasn't me who mentioned it. relentless.

the claim that i relentlessly bring up Greenwald or BJG when I occasionally mention either.

and the term gaslighting didn't originate in progressive circles.

It didn’t? Anti domestic/intimate partner violence advocates in the United States aren’t progressives? I would argue otherwise, but it’s not really an important point.

I mean, everybody but you and Shoo agrees with that claim. I don’t go to the Tunnels much anymore, but it fits my experience, too. You’re the only person I engage with who ever mentions any of these people outside of the relevant election years (and with GG - outside of people pissed at him and The Intercept for screwing over whistleblowers).

What else do you find politically relevant chat these days besides progressives being idiots or whatever?

It didn’t? Anti domestic/intimate partner violence advocates in the United States aren’t progressives? I would argue otherwise, but it’s not really an important point.

I mean, everybody but you and Shoo agrees with that claim. I don’t go to the Tunnels much anymore, but it fits my experience, too. You’re the only person I engage with who ever mentions any of these people outside of the relevant election years (and with GG - outside of people pissed at him and The Intercept for screwing over whistleblowers).

What else do you find politically relevant chat these days besides progressives being idiots or whatever?
the m deacs whine about me talking about Greg Greenwald as much as i actually bring him up.

I hope you have the fortitude to deal with the couple of times he's been mentioned this calendar year.

basically 10 or so mentions since early 2000, and some not by me. The whole thing is ridiculous and it's brought on by the whining of the M deacs which of course must be pandered to by the crew.

way to foster an open discussion forum.

Last edited:

Y’all gettin owned unless ya can quote Chris to support y’all’s points. Surely there’s a Sokolove out there who can quote his incessant Glen Greenwald mentions

ChrisL is a weird fucking poster.

I can’t imagine being so damn bitter all the time.

Back