• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

Guess we’ve got more anti American folks here than I thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

new recreational dispensary opening in Cherokee on 4/20. how many cops and sheriffs you think will be sitting and waiting right outside the tribal lands?

If only the self reflection were real you could respect it. I guess.

Not sure who needs to hear this, but Biden would only be President until 2028.
yes but the policies created by the government last for many many years. Hence why there was only so much Trump could do to gunk up the system (at least the first time around).

yes but the policies created by the government last for many many years. Hence why there was only so much Trump could do to gunk up the system (at least the first time around).
Right and this projection is only based on the policies already passed. Another 4 years of Biden gives us more opportunities to pass more climate focus regulations, especially with a Democratic controlled congress.

His first term was a roller-coaster of grift and chest thumping about his victory. There was certainly targetted damage (actually trying to cripple the governemt) but lots of the damage was bull in a China shop type stuff.

The anger and focus on destroying everything they can will be breathtaking.

Right and this projection is only based on the policies already passed. Another 4 years of Biden gives us more opportunities to pass more climate focus regulations, especially with a Democratic controlled congress.
Completely agree with this, I'm just struggling with how anyone could read that report and come away with the idea that there is not a drastic difference between democrats and republicans on climate, and how much worse it would be with another Trump presidency (or any other Pub presidency post 2028). I'm assuming it was just a lazy knee jerk "look at this chart" reaction - when the report mentions that Biden has enacted the "largest package of domestic climate measures in US history".

The report also gets into some of the barriers to reaching Biden's goals (even though the report states current climate policies "will bring the country close to meeting its 2030 target range"), including moron GOP'ers politicizing electric v gas cars, slowing EV sales and other challenges with Americans adopting behaviors/making purchases that will help meet goals, and it is very clear it doesn't include new measures on climate Biden might enact in a 2d term and additional state action.

Back