• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

It was outweighed by all the people moving in to the free state of florida
And by the complete incompetence of the FL Democratic Party, which hasn't managed to elect a governor there in something like 30 years. Charlie Crist was a has-been pol who ran a terrible campaign.

I thought that last bit about DeSantis in 2022 when his margin of victory in 2018 was smaller than the FL Covid death count. I was obviously wrong.

The Florida population increased by an estimated 1.4 million between 2018 and 2022. DeSantis got about 600,000 more votes. There’s enough in-migration of conservatives and elderly to account for other demographic changes.

The Florida population increased by an estimated 1.4 million between 2018 and 2022. DeSantis got about 600,000 more votes. There’s enough in-migration of conservatives and elderly to account for other demographic changes.
How does that 1.4 million compare to other 4-year periods prior?

Found a different estimate with a slightly lower number. There’s pretty consistent growth since 2000 except for 2020.

Who even responds to polls these days? Olds who answer anyone who calls?
Being a registered NH voter was awesome. So many people wanted my opinion. I could talk and talk and talk and they would just be so happy to listen. I'd be like "I'm gonna vote for whoever can make Kelly Ayotte fix the pothole in front of my house" And they would be like fascinating fascinating, what else would make you vote for someone.

I haven’t voted in a FL election since 2012 yet I still get plenty of fundraising texts and the only poll I think I’ve ever been asked to respond to was a DeSantis push poll in 2022. Basically asking how great he was at ending woke in FL and keeping the state open.

seems like polls influence voter behavior, so I tell myself that answering polls helps nudge things toward my political views ever so slightly

a DeSantis push poll in 2022. Basically asking how great he was at ending woke in FL and keeping the state open.
that sounds almost more like they want to confirm your contact information is accurate and active to spam you later

seems like polls influence voter behavior, so I tell myself that answering polls helps nudge things toward my political views ever so slightly

Polls influence campaigns too.

Back