• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals.

Fayettenam

VILLEMATIC
Reaction score
Looks like they have started early.

Staples trying to get in on the iPad deals without having to actually leave your house on Thanksgiving.

http://www.staples.com/iPad/cat_CL211152?sby=1

What other deals are people looking forward to? Anyone camping out for anything in particular? Looks like Wal-Mart isn't messing around with the iPad deals if you're willing to wait in line ON Thanksgiving.

Last edited:
There's already people camping out at Best Buys in Atlanta. For the life of me I cannot get the mentality of camping out to shop. I'd MUCH rather pay much, much more for something than to deal with a bunch of fucking morons who are so desperate to save a dime, they'll camp out for the chance to beat the shit out of each other in a mad, fat-assed rush to grab some low-quality TV or laptop.

If I can't get it online, it's not worth it. Been checking Slickdeals.net but haven't seen anything "must have." Meh.

Love Black Friday. Mobs of people acting like maniacs, tearing stuff up, trampling one another, and throwing elbows. Best time of the year for YouTube vids.

for camping out, do people have to actually be there the whole time or do they just swing by and put up tents?

The empty, unattended tent becomes the toilet for everyone else.

Just my opinion, but stores that create such high demand and don't provide appropriate security should be held partially liable when bad things happen.

The best part of that vid is the kid who holds up a lost walking cane at 50 seconds.

Groupon deals has some good stuff going right now for their "doorbuster deals". I've ordered my mom a really pretty black and white diamondpave cocktail ring for $60 (apparently real-- definitely not the best quality, but it's just a fun ring) . Contemplating a matching bangle and some earrings for $80 each as well.

When people are camping out on Tuesday for Black Friday and major retailers are going to be open "Thursday" night, it's official that Black Friday has surpassed Thanksgiving.

Groupon deals has some good stuff going right now for their "doorbuster deals". I've ordered my mom a really pretty black and white diamondpave cocktail ring for $60 (apparently real-- definitely not the best quality, but it's just a fun ring) . Contemplating a matching bangle and some earrings for $80 each as well.

Damn you spend some loot on your parents. My fam doesn't do anything like that.

Damn you spend some loot on your parents. My fam doesn't do anything like that.

since college/having my own money, i feel like they have spent so much on me in the past that giving them both nice gifts at christmas is the least i can do. i'm definitely doing the ring and also thought about getting my mom a new comforter for their guest room (or taking her shopping and letting her pick out one that she likes). I may suggest the bangle/earrings to my sister if I don't get them.

When people are camping out on Tuesday for Black Friday and major retailers are going to be open "Thursday" night, it's official that Black Friday has surpassed Thanksgiving.

I'm having to plan my entire thanksgiving around my GF's sister who has to go to work that night at Target.

$60 on parents is a lot?

You don't know what it was like to live through those years without a beach house, bmoney. #thestruggleisreal

troof

My fam pretty much just gets gifts for the grandkids and usually does a donation or something for the adults. My wife and I just adopt poor kids at school as our gift to each other. Kinda lame but oh well.

60 + 80 + 80 on just mom? Yeah, that's a lot.

Every once in a while, I'll spend a little more on a parent, but around $75 is typical for our parents. Not all of us are loaded with raises like Dash.

And why Christmas becomes increasingly meh

(says the guy who works in online retail and will make more than half of his bonus in the next 5 weeks)

Back