• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals.

If we could just find a way to vaporize all the people who stand outside the stores for Black Friday deals, the country's IQ would instantly increase by about 10 points.

I like to get my family nice Christmas presents when possible. Over the past few years I've gotten them a flat screen for our lake house, contributed like a grand for our golf cart, got new tower speakers for our boat, etc. Got my little brother an iPhone 4 and a year of service (he's poor so that was big). They've sacrificed a lot for me so I want to give back a little.

Your parents are rich but your little brother is poor?

I like to get my family nice Christmas presents when possible. Over the past few years I've gotten them a flat screen for our lake house, contributed like a grand for our golf cart, got new tower speakers for our boat, etc. Got my little brother an iPhone 4 and a year of service (he's poor so that was big). They've sacrificed a lot for me so I want to give back a little.

#humblebrag?

Well, my parents aren't rich (cue another argument about what constitutes rich). They made clear to my brother and I that they would support our education but expected us to be self sufficient after. My brother decided not to focus on his education and left school after 2.5 years. He works at Whole Foods now. So yes, he's pretty much broke. He's happy so that's fine but my parents aren't just sending him money to buy stuff that he wants.

They have a lake house and a boat. That's doing quite well.

They have a lake house and a boat. That's doing quite well.

Yes, it is. But that's not the same as rich. Much of their career success has come in the last 8 years or so. Both drive modest 10 year old cars and the lake house/boat is their indulgence. Their primary residence is fairly modest as well (around 2100 sf on the outskirts of Raleigh). They've worked hard, budgeted well and prioritized but they aren't rich.

Yes, it is. But that's not the same as rich. Much of their career success has come in the last 8 years or so. Both drive modest 10 year old cars and the lake house/boat is their indulgence. Their primary residence is fairly modest as well (around 2100 sf on the outskirts of Raleigh). They've worked hard, budgeted well and prioritized but they aren't rich.

Not this shit again.

can we shift the focus back to where I can find cheap PS4 games instead of talking about BRS and MRS and DRS

At any rate, any good gift ideas for my girlfriend's dad? I would like to get something nice and unique, willing to spend money. He likes cigars, dark liquor, boating and surfing. He covered most of the cost of the trip we all went on so want it to be meaningful.

At any rate, any good gift ideas for my girlfriend's dad? I would like to get something nice and unique, willing to spend money. He likes cigars, dark liquor, boating and surfing. He covered most of the cost of the trip we all went on so want it to be meaningful.

Hooker?

Only one answer…

ngpshz.jpg

I'm not a scotch guy, more a bourbon man myself, but isn't Johnny Walker pretty generic, and also blended? Spring for single malt, maybe something harder to get ifhe likes scotch imho.

Nice whiskey decanter would be money. If he doesn't have one. And actually, if he does have one getting a different style to accompany it would also be pretty sweet.

Back