• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Black & Gold Madness, This Saturday at 6pm

He coughed up $150k today... I think we should cut him a little slack.

But, my 15 year old son said, and I had to laugh... "yeah, $150K is cool but it's not exactly $40M..."

He didn't fall far from the tree.

Yep it shows the kid has learned to be petty and chilidsh fomr example. CP3 has donated other money and lots of time.

Looking for an excuse to put the donation down is petty.

We went over after the fb game and played on the quad, etc. Then went to stand in line for the bb event. Got in OK. The place filled up but not really overflowing.

Then at about 6 the fire alarm goes off and continues to buzz for about 10 minutes. Then they announce we have to exit the building. Seems the "fog" machine set off the alarm and the Fire Dept. insisted on clearing the building.

Unfortunately, we didn't feel we could stay for the delayed event. But it seemed like most people were staying. Hope it was all good after that little mishap.

Fitting after the past few years of Wake basketball.

Yep it shows the kid has learned to be petty and chilidsh fomr example. CP3 has donated other money and lots of time.

Looking for an excuse to put the donation down is petty.

Good grief. The kid thinks CP is made of millions. I pointed out to him that CP is young and doesn't have $40M floating around. My son was simply blown away that somebody had $40M to give Wake.

And, by the way, I was not one of the people around here who had their panties in a wad about Chris leaving early. It made perfect sense to me. I'd hang his jersey with no problem.

While the game wasn't the most organized or exciting thing I have ever seen, it was well worth going. It was actually great to see how much of a family Wake bball is to these guys. Young and old seemed to get along well and enjoy themselves. Also, after the game I got a chance to talk to some of the guys. Ish and Randolph were very gracious in talking and taking pics with my 6 month old.

Also, I got a chance to meet coach Bz and I thought he was very personable and actually pretty funny. Not at all what you would think from reading these boards.

Good grief. The kid thinks CP is made of millions. I pointed out to him that CP is young and doesn't have $40M floating around. My son was simply blown away that somebody had $40M to give Wake.

And, by the way, I was not one of the people around here who had their panties in a wad about Chris leaving early. It made perfect sense to me. I'd hang his jersey with no problem.

The way you had waritten it was that you had discussed something similar with him and he was echoing your premise.

My bad.

Pretty sure the older guy on the front left in picture is Twig Wiggins. Very good late '50s player.

Back