• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Black & Gold Madness, This Saturday at 6pm

He coughed up $150k today... I think we should cut him a little slack.

But, my 15 year old son said, and I had to laugh... "yeah, $150K is cool but it's not exactly $40M..."

He didn't fall far from the tree.

So he repeated his dad. Monkey see monkey do.

YAWN

So Chris Paul left Wake early to join his buddy Lebron.

Yeah, let's cut CP3 a little slack. He tweeted about his involvement in this charity game in miami a while back and he is just helping his friends. Dude will always be a complete class act.

Oh I have no issue with that at all, I just expected him to be there. Not only was he at the football game, but the e-mail to Screamin' Demons also said he would be at Black & Gold Madness.

Oh I have no issue with that at all, I just expected him to be there. Not only was he at the football game, but the e-mail to Screamin' Demons also said he would be at Black & Gold Madness.

So Chris Paul told Wake fans he was going to stay and play at Wake, but he left early anyway.

On different teams, I assume.

They were on different teams and where guarding each other. But they played around the whole time joking back and forth and seemed to be having a good time. BTW Rutland still looks like he could play now. Rained threes from everywhere.

I had a lot of fun at the event. Tons of great dunks by LD Williams and Trent Strickland. Fun to see all the guys during the shootaround too - Duncan, Childress and Howard were out there for that part.

My favorite part was one of the older guys - my dad said he thought it was Dickie Hemric? - got the ball during the game for the first time, took a sweet left handed hook shot which went in perfectly. Hemric then removes his jersey (had another shirt underneath), tosses it into the stands and goes to the bench. Gonna go out on top!

The best part was the final shot of the game at the buzzer which was almost an exact duplicate of "The Shot". The player who made it was probably the best part of the day. Hopefully someone got it on tape and can put it on Youtube. Also the CP wasn't there. Apparently "left early".

that was awesome... and I think it was Childress' son who made the shot.

The place went nuts for obvious reasons. If in football we're "Witnessing History," then that shot was like "Witnessing the Future :)"

Yep and the cool thing was it was from almost the exact spot as "The Shot" except on the opposite side of the key. I told my dad how much his shot looks just like his dads.

So Chris Paul told Wake fans he was going to stay and play at Wake, but he left early anyway.

My general assumption is that sports marketing f'ed up.

CP left the FSU game in the 4th quarter, got on a plane to Miami and is currently playing in a charity basketball game there with Wade, Melo, LeBron etc.

Met CP during the FSU game. Talked to our group with his son and willingly posed for photos with the kids. Nice guy.

Wow, sounds awesome. I think I would cry if I saw the older guy do that.

Can anyone confirm if it was dickie? If he is who I think it is, he is old! ... Always rolling like a boss at wake games.

How old is Randolph's son?

Per his bio, he has 2 sons, 13 and 11. I'd guess this was the 13 year old but I'm awful with guessing ages.

Wow, sounds awesome. I think I would cry if I saw the older guy do that.

Can anyone confirm if it was dickie? If he is who I think it is, he is old! ... Always rolling like a boss at wake games.

here's a pic I snapped of the bench a bit later. The player in question is on the left of the photo with Chill's son being blocked behind the ref. Obviously I don't need to list the other guys. :)

Anyone know if those are recruits sitting behind CJ?

6226561187_02402a737a_z.jpg

Back