• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bob Knight Contract Not Renewed

BKF right now:

crying-man.gif

This had to be an easy call for ESPN. I say this sincerely and not as a batsignal to someone that has me on ignore anyway, but he was embarrassingly ill prepared for the games I watched that he announced, I mean outright unprofessional.

I didn't realize he was still around ESPN. I liked him on TV when I used to watch college ball.

You should have known this was coming when he called our players "The Wakes" in the game against Minnesota this season.

Dude did absolutely no homework on the teams he was calling. Just showed up and said what he saw. He was always calling players just by "Tennessee's big guy", "Arkansas' point guard", NC State's backup big guy", etc.

Last edited:
Yeah that lack of preparation mentioned by Ayo and DeacHead led Knight to just talking about basketball and coaching in general. Entertaining and informative at the beginning, but then it became very stale. I saw a little bit of the NIT on Tuesday and he was painful to listen to.

He was the best ANALyst ever. I'm sure he will get another gig from another network that won't care if he gets the names or even the teams right. He's a superstar that some people like BKF who will want to listen to his pearls of wisdom or others who will tune in to see him crash and burn.

He was the best ANALyst ever. I'm sure he will get another gig from another network that won't care if he gets the names or even the teams right. He's a superstar that some people like BKF who will want to listen to his pearls of wisdom or others who will tune in to see him crash and burn.

He's done calling games. The guy is 74. I don't see him travelling to venues next winter. Maybe some one-off studio work though.

He should call the college basketball girls games.

Bob Knight's a miserable piece of shit, and I read his freaking autobiography. What's he going to do now, sell the rest of his memorabilia for his great grand children's educations?

Back