• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bob Knight Contract Not Renewed

Don't know what knight will do now but I'm sure it will involve making all those people around him miserable . When basketball is over for him, he really does not have much to offer the world as a human being

Bob Knight is the only thing that made college basketball watchable on ESPN. All Bilas, Vitale and the other color analysts they have, are corporate clowns. ESPN has now been added to my ignore list and I will not be helping their Neilson ratings any more.

Bob Knight is the only thing that made college basketball watchable on ESPN. All Bilas, Vitale and the other color analysts they have, are corporate clowns. ESPN has now been added to my ignore list and I will not be helping their Neilson ratings any more.

ESPN is not aiming for the bitter old man demographic, fortunately.

I think Bob Knight was a fantastic coach who actually cared about the student-athlete concept. But his time has passed for doing TV commentary. He did the NIT championship last night and when they panned to the announcers to kick off the coverage, he was just casually drinking a cup of coffee. That was great.

I think Bob Knight was a fantastic coach who actually cared about the student-athlete concept. But his time has passed for doing TV commentary. He did the NIT championship last night and when they panned to the announcers to kick off the coverage, he was just casually drinking a cup of coffee. That was great.

Damn straight and what's wrong with him drinking his coffee, the viewers can wait a few freaking seconds for the brilliance that flows from his mouth.

Yay! Let's make way for more cookie-cutter drone commentators! MOAR, I say ... Zzzzzzzzz ...

I think Bob Knight was a fantastic coach who actually cared about the student-athlete concept.

And Hitler was an excellent leader of men who actually cared about his country...

Bob Knight was a little man who enjoyed wielding abusive power over college kids and women. He happened to win some basketball games and keep his job for a while, but he was still a miserable person concerned only with himself. He cared about kids attending class only in as much as it allowed him to continue being a raging asshole to those same kids while pretending that he was morally superior to everyone around him.

I will be honest. I have a lot of respect for Knight as a coach. But BKF has made me almost hate the guy. Knight was a revolutionary coach, and in general did a lot more good for his players than he did harm. He was a brilliant basketball mind, and you can't argue with his success. He is no more a saint or a demon than 99% of the coaches out there. He has his flaws, and his strengths. He was just a REALLY good basketball coach. But that doesn't make him some genius leader of men any more than Coach K is. They are both just really good at their craft. Just because Bill Self has won the Big 12 twelve years in a row doesn't mean he isn't out there banging coeds on the weekend. Just means he can coach.

We immortalize coaches (basically worship them - as evidenced by BKF) and by doing so gloss over their humanity. Either they fall brilliantly from the pedestal we have placed them on, or we live in complete naivety about their faults. All that said, Knight is done as a competent announcer. As others have stated, he was woefully unprepared in his broadcasts this year, to the point of being completely unprofessional and leaving his broadcasting partners in the lurch while they tried to tie together his rambles.

"I haven't really studied Miami's roster, but I think Stanford should leave Miami's worst shooter (whoever that is) alone and not guard him..." while announcing the final minutes of NIT Final Stanford v. Miami.

Back