• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Boston Chosen as US Olympic Bid for 2024

If the games were in Boston, that'd probably end up being pretty cool, but the IOC isn't going to pick Boston, so womp.

Personally I'm all for it, so you can say you know of one resident that welcomes it. Having lived through the '96 Olympics, I know it's not the hassle that's causing so much angst.

A city that recently sustained a terrorist attack during their biggest international sporting event?

Doubtful.

2024 will almost certainly be in Paris or South Africa.

Gonna be a while before the Games get back to the US. A long while.

I'm not so sure. Money talks, and the US TV $$$ basically keeps the Olympic movement going

Sure, but it's about time for them to be back here

Boston sports fans will be gracious hosts to athletes of diverse ethnicities. It's a perfect fit really.

The good news for Boston--it might get the Olympics. The bad news for Boston--it might get the Olympics.

if the rest of the world thinks americans are douchebags hanging out with bostonians won't help

I want someplace that's not huge to get it like Memphis or Iowa City or something. NOLA ever bid for it? I know Cincy did once.

Back