• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bowl projections

I would like to see this Sporting News projection come true.:

Belk Bowl: Wake Forest vs. South Carolina

2007 Belk Bowl.

Micah%20Andrews%2030-yard%20run-M.jpg

That sounds good to me.

That would not be a healthy matchup for me personally.

As a native of Columbia that grew up despising all things Gamecock this would be a dream and a nightmare come true. If we won, it would be the greatest thing in my life....if we lost I would never visit my mom again.

I would like to see this Sporting News projection come true.:

Belk Bowl: Wake Forest vs. South Carolina

2007 Belk Bowl.

Micah%20Andrews%2030-yard%20run-M.jpg

Went to the bathroom at B of A stadium during halftime of that game and some UConn fan came in running his mouth as we were down 10-0 I think. Of course we ended up scoring 24 unanswered in the 2nd half and won 24-10, wish I could've found that guy.

SC would make sense for a lot of reasons. And I think we can take them. I'm down :umkc:

Even if State is avail at 6-6 maybe we'd be more desirable since State played there last year and we're on the up, as opposed to whatever Doeren is doing

Agreed. Charlotte's top three realistic options are probably UNC, VT, and Wake.

VT will probably get a better bowl. UNC would deffo be a threat, they were in Orlando last year so you'd think they would be hesitant to invite them back (esp w/ FSU and VT on the board). Maybe they'll get Jax and we can get Charlotte

If either UNC or VT are available when the Belk Bowl picks, we ain't going to Charlotte. The Bowl was basically created for UNC and State.

That's exactly what I said.

ACC
I don't think UNC-CH and VT are realistic options for the Belk Bowl at this point.

Also UNC-CH played in Charlotte twice last year against USC and Clemson. Also played in the Belk Bowl three years ago.

Ga Tech becomes bowl eligible with a win over Virginia. Pitt needs to beat Syracuse or Duke. They don't want Miami.

SEC
USC still has to beat Western Carolina to be bowl eligible.

Other possible teams from the SEC are UK, (@UT, v Austin Peay, @Louisville),

Ole Miss and MSU will probably play with bowl eligibility on the line. MSU was in the game last year.

and

Tennessee if they limp home.

Also LSU (5-3) still has four games left and a 1-3 record is not out of the question for them.

Ultimately I think it will be USC or UK to Charlotte unless UT falls to them.

Last edited:
As a native of Columbia that grew up despising all things Gamecock this would be a dream and a nightmare come true. If we won, it would be the greatest thing in my life....if we lost I would never visit my mom again.

Right there with you - essentially a native (moved there when I was 6 mths old) and have always despised them, especially the unrealistic fan base. My Dad is a State grad so in the late 70s and early 80s at least we got to see State play every couple years without leaving town.

we ended up staying at the Omni, which unbeknownst to us was the UConn team hotel. they were getting ready to have a big reception for the team in the lobby after the game and all their fans were waiting there when we got out of the elevator from the garage decked out in Wake gear. definitely had some dirty looks and words thrown our way as we tried to check in.

Back