• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bowl projections

Considering our injuries, I think this year has been a success. If Hinton had played the Army game we would have won. Remember we lost Cade for a couple of games and had some linemen out. Overall, an improved season. The defense has been really good. Need to make some coaching adjustments-- OC and Special teams coach need upgrading. Otherwise, an improved season.

We made a bowl, the season is a success. To say otherwise is just plain wrong.

Truth.

Wake has been playing football since 1888. In that time, 10 teams have made bowl games. So I think that any time we qualify for a bowl game, it is a successful season.

Considering our injuries, I think this year has been a success. If Hinton had played the Army game we would have won. Remember we lost Cade for a couple of games and had some linemen out. Overall, an improved season. The defense has been really good. Need to make some coaching adjustments-- OC and Special teams coach need upgrading. Otherwise, an improved season.

This.

Defense played strong. Against good teams they gassed out in the 4th Q.
8 wins would have been nice.

We have the 111th ranked offense in the country. It's really amazing we have 6 wins, even with the schedule. Thank God for our defense and Mike Weaver.

We have the 111th ranked offense in the country. It's really amazing we have 6 wins, even with the schedule. Thank God for our defense and Mike Weaver.

What's even more amazing is their is significant improvement in the offense this year and we're still ranked 111th.

It would have been near impossible to be worse or even stay historically bad for another year.

Brand new projections from SB Nation for what it is worth: CFP Alabama vs Washington in the Peach & Clemson vs Michigan in the Fiesta [will see if that works out?]

Quick Lane--Dec 26--Boston College vs Army [** provided both become eligible]
Military--Dec 27--Wake Forest vs South Florida
Russell Athletic--Dec 28--Florida St vs West Virginia
Pinstripe--Dec 28--Georgia Tech vs Maryland
Belk--Dec 29--Miami vs South Carolina
Sun--Dec 30--Pitt vs Stanford
Tax Slayer--Dec 31--Virginia Tech vs LSU
Citrus--Dec 31--North Carolina vs Florida
Orange--Dec 30--Louisville vs Big Ten--Probably Penn St?

I'm grateful for a successful season and a Bowl trip. I'm disappointed that our offense isn't much better then it was vs Utah St. Our running backs have improved, but the OL, TE, and WR are as bad as ever. Our special teams aren't special. Our kickers are good, the other ten guys are uninspiring.

Brand new projections from SB Nation for what it is worth: CFP Alabama vs Washington in the Peach & Clemson vs Michigan in the Fiesta [will see if that works out?]

Probably closer to what we'll actually see. Too many ACC teams with 7-9 wins for Wake to get a tier one.

As a fan, I would much prefer a car ride to Annapolis vs an AAC team than a $500+ flight to El Paso vs. a Pac-12 team. Obviously the competition would be better, but that's a haul.

This assumes that BC beats us, since they have to win to get to six.

BC probably gets a bowl bid at 5-7 due to APR.

They are likely getting a bid anyway, but my understanding is that no 5-7 team can be chosen over a 6-6, so we get placed first.

Aside from us winning, UNC beating State is what we need to happen.

They are likely getting a bid anyway, but my understanding is that no 5-7 team can be chosen over a 6-6, so we get placed first.

Aside from us winning, UNC beating State is what we need to happen.

Yeah but make sure you pull against State and not for UNC.

Back