• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bracketology 2017

How are we still a bubble team? Why are we mentioned in the same breath as Clemson and Georgia Tech? If anything, we're closer to VTech than those two, although I understand GTECH has 6 wins over top 50 teams to our 3. I think we get in and are an 8-9 seed and not an 11.

FWIW, if WF beat VT tomorrow, the ACC team that could be on the bubble would be VT (still think that they would be in, but their objective ratings are not as good as WF's, and WF would've beaten them at VT and on a neutral court)

And their non-conference schedule suuuuuuuccccckkkkkkkeeeeeeddddddd

I'd rather be an 11 than a 7-10, but not something to leave to chance, I guess.

How are we still a bubble team? Why are we mentioned in the same breath as Clemson and Georgia Tech? If anything, we're closer to VTech than those two, although I understand GTECH has 6 wins over top 50 teams to our 3. I think we get in and are an 8-9 seed and not an 11.

It's just their dumb narrative to keep you interested in the game tonite. I don't even think GaTech can get in with a win over Pitt. They'd have to reel off 3 in a row. And Clemson will need to knock out Dook to have shot. Either Cuse or Clemson is going down and they will be donezo. We can certainly control our fate with one more win and maybe get a 10 seed.

Sure it would be nice to make a deeper run, but it doesn't matter. We can do damage in the tourney as a 10 or a 11.

Totally agree. Our narrative is such an easy sell for the committee. I can picture the committee interview now, "We thought Wake Forest needed to win their last 3 regular season games, including beating Louisville and beating Va Tech on the road, and they did that. We thought an ACC tourney victory over BC really moved them off the bubble. They have no bad wins this year, had some near wins early in the season where they had trouble closing out games. They seemed to correct that. They also feature two of the more exciting offensive stars in Crawford and Collins and have one of the top 10 offenses in the country.

Done.

Probably cynical on my part but I feel like if the name on our jerseys was Michigan State or UCONN this wouldn't be a discussion right now.

Probably cynical on my part but I feel like if the name on our jerseys was Michigan State or UCONN this wouldn't be a discussion right now.

definitely agree. Syracuse would be a 6 or 7 seed right now with our metrics. This bubble talk has been horse shit

definitely agree. Syracuse would be a 6 or 7 seed right now with our metrics. This bubble talk has been horse shit

Absolutely agree with this sentiment. People would be fawning over our bracket busting potential if this team were playing for one of the old guards.

I want a god damn ACC Championship, so let's just keep winning.

Exactly.

Who cares what seed we are in the NCAA? Who cares if we draw Kansas in a POTENTIAL 2nd round matchup? Let's just keep winning.

Also, we finished 10th in the ACC. Metrics aside (and I'm a KP guy), that makes it hard to justify a single-digit NCAA seed.

Agree, we've had so much ACCT success that lets pass that up and roll the dice on our NCAAT seeding. These are kids, win 5 in a row and I'm sure they'll recover fine. I'd rather be on a serious role than hedge that more rest would be better.

It could be due to how many games it would for us in such a short period of time.

Back