• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bracketology 2017

K<U is #1 in both polls and FL is #13 and #17. It's mind numbing that the "computers" say FL played a "tougher" schedule than KU. It shows the inherent fault in that system.

RJ Can you just stop? Seriously. For about 2 weeks while we try to build up vibes. I don't care if you pick the fight or not. Just take the bullet.

Go Deacs.

Feeling the vibes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Syracuse gets in, its a travesty. They're awful away from home. Played the 214th worst non conference schedule, have 5 losses to RPI +100 teams and lost 5 of 7 to close the season. That's everything the committee has said for years you can't do.

I just hate them so much. Screw them. They don't deserve it.

How does that have anything to do with our vibes? KU is a better team.

My bad, it's RJ.

If you didn't see Lunardi's report, it shows you why webcams are bad. He did the piece from his hotel room, with bed etc in full view (fortunately is was some what made). I don't know why I just found it fully that he couldn't bother to position it in a way that was a little more professional looking. I guess the bracket bunker is a king bed holiday inn.

He did say he thought Wake was in win or lose tonight. Still seems to refuse to move us off the bubble.

If you didn't see Lunardi's report, it shows you why webcams are bad. He did the piece from his hotel room, with bed etc in full view (fortunately is was some what made). I don't know why I just found it fully that he couldn't bother to position it in a way that was a little more professional looking. I guess the bracket bunker is a king bed holiday inn.

He did say he thought Wake was in win or lose tonight. Still seems to refuse to move us off the bubble.

The guy has to be professional for 2 weeks out of the year, and he can't handle it.

Last edited:
If Syracuse gets in, its a travesty. They're awful away from home. Played the 214th worst non conference schedule, have 5 losses to RPI +100 teams and lost 5 of 7 to close the season. That's everything the committee has said for years you can't do.

That would be right. However, note that even with their poor RPI Lunardi had them seeded ahead of us. What does that tell you about the importance (and lack of) of RPI as a true criterion? Or even about the media's application of it? And the selection committee is even less constrained to use RPI in any material way. No matter what is said publicly. My feeling is that RPI is used to justify borderline selections and seeding when it serves the committee's purpose. The CBB establishment believes Syracuse's talent is better than Wake's, and that it's coach is better too. That's why Syracuse has higher placement than Wake (at least at this point).

My "hot take" is merely anecdotal as I don't care much for the pseudoscience of this stuff. But that's my impression from watching it go down over many years. Just throwing it out there, no offense (since some are likely to jump me).

Last edited:
So bizarre for Lunardi to have both Wake and Cuse as 11 seeds, but Wake having to "play-in" for the privilege of playing Iowa St. How does what Cuse has done warrant not playing in Dayton as opposed to us when you objectively line up all of the criteria?

All things considered though, looking at his 11 and 12 seeds, you'd be hard-pressed to find any scenario in which Wake doesn't get in. We're playing with house money, so keep winning and keep improving that seeding. Probably good for momentum's and confidence's sake.

DISCLAIMER: I actually prefer that 11v11 > Iowa St > Butler > Oregon track save for the fact we'd have to go out west after 3 grueling games in the Midwest. How cool would it be for Austin to play in Milwaukee as a Deac in the NCAAT? With that said, I'd love to be the 10 seed in the "West" for that game against South Carolina. But would be more fun to play 3 games before losing to Oregon.

Last edited:
How does that have anything to do with our vibes? KU is a better team.

My bad, it's RJ.

for the record KU is AT BEST only slightly better than UF. I'd also take the Gators coach over self any day of the week.

I know you can't really compare the two because of the age gap and experience difference. Personally I'd rather have White coaching my team than Self. I think white will have every bit as good of a career as Self has had, don't see why that's stupid, but oh well.

My hot take is that the ACC will get 9 bids, Syracuse will be out. If Wake beats VT, both Wake and VT will be 10 seeds.

Lunardi, 16 min ago: "Am keeping Syracuse in the projected NCAA field despite today's loss. Next up, can Clemson keep its NCAA hopes alive?"

It's not about tomorrow. It's about today.

But if you want to compare early careers, it's a no contest for Self. White's best at either LaTech or FL is making the NIT quarterfinals. Self made the Elite 8 at Tulsa and IL before making to KU.

White has a long way to ever getting close to being as good a good coach as Self was and is.

It's not about tomorrow. It's about today.

But if you want to compare early careers, it's a no contest for Self. White's best at either LaTech or FL is making the NIT quarterfinals. Self made the Elite 8 at Tulsa and IL before making to KU.

White has a long way to ever getting close to being as good a good coach as Self was and is.

I agree, I honestly just like White on the sideline better than Bill. Bill is a HOF coach without a doubt, just a matter of taste for me. KU still isn't much better than UF though ;)

Back