• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Braves v. Dodgers, NLDS

Who will win, how many games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He got touched up three starts in a row at the beginning of September and was moved back to the pen for rest of season.

Pulling for a Dodger sweep.....and I don't even particularly like the Dodgers....but I fucking hate the Braves!

Cheering for the Braves is just like cheering for Carolina. They have the same kind of bandwagon fans in NC.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with BKF completely.

World already has enough poor geezers and redneck dwarves. Go kill yourselves. No one will miss you.

As the king of all bandwagon fans I'm here to tell BKF that he's dead fucking wrong.

Growing up in the 90's you had two options of teams to watch on a daily basis. One was the Braves on TBS and the other was the Cubs on WGN. You could also watch the White Sox occasionally, but rooting for them is just fucking gross.

Anyways if you lived in NC there was absolutely no other regional team to root for but the Braves. So that's why everyone roots for them. You also could of gone my route as the ultimate contrarian and picked the Cubs, who you could also watch every day, because you didn't want to be like everyone else.

However to call any Braves fan from NC a bandwagon fan is just dumb. Almost as dumb as being from NC and rooting for the White Sox.

I have been a Dodger fan since Brooklyn the "Boys of Summer". Duke Snider was my favorite player as a kid.

It's been a long dry spell for Dodger fans. And I have never liked either the Milwaukee of Atlanta Braves.

But, Atlanta is tough: Dodgers in 5

Granted I'm a Braves homer, I don't take issue with what they did this year. Most baseball people don't either. Your boy Bryce acted like an entitled dipshit (aided by Julio Teheran, I know) when he played Atlanta. His own teammates had enough of his bullshit by the end of the year. Gomez had that shit coming to him when he pimped the homer he hit and then spit at Chris Johnson's feet. That's disrespectful and you don't do that in any sport. He profusely apologized after the game because he knew he was wrong. The Braves play together and play for each other. Would you take kindly to some hothead in your home park being disrespectful and spitting at your feet? I doubt it.

I didn't hear about this. Link?

Really hard to get a read on this series. Great pitching vs. a hot/cold batting team. Kemp and Ethier out (mostly). Should be fun.

bkf telling people not to like teams because they are on tv, and picked his team because he saw them on tv

DON'T RESPOND TO HIM

Anyway I hate picking when my team is involved unless I'm 100% sure about what will happen but I'll say I wish we had homefield.

And by that line of thought, something else is also true....by your own implied analysis:

If you had grown up in an earlier time.....before there was an ACC television network that gave at least somewhat equal exposure to all conference teams....you would have been a Carolina fan and gone to Chapel Hill for college instead of Wake Forest....because you would have been watching the Tar Heels during your entire youth and would have had almost no exposure to WF.

(And I haven't been a White Sox fan...not really...since shortly after I graduated from WF. And when I was...when I was a kid....it was mostly a reaction from being against another bandwagon team....the New York Yankees...as the White Sox seems to be a constant 2nd or 3rd place team to them.)

Laughing at the idea of Brasky getting into Chapel Hill.

I didn't pick the Braves because they were on TV. I picked them because they were geographically the closest team to me. My parents weren't baseball fans. Most of my classmates at school weren't baseball fans. How the hell else was I supposed to pick a team?

No. The Cards have it throughout. But if the Cards lose to the Pirates, the Braves get it back if they win.

Are you stoned already?

God dammit I mean I wish the braves had homefield throughout the NL. follow along. Christ.

Back