• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bridgestone Invitational

His hip rotation is just violent. So much so that he's going to have durability issues in the long term. In the short term, it's really a joy to watch him swing the driver.

Too bad that the PGA story next week will be Tiger's back instead of how dominant Rory is right now.

Tiger's body falling apart after he got off the roids.

You really think that's part of it?

As for Rory, that boy is fun to watch when he gets it going, and it all starts with the driver. When the driver is off, he's quite ordinary. But when he's piping it 320+ down the middle, he can go real low. Watching that reminded me of going to the International Crown last week. Watched the Spanish team for the most part (for obvious reasons - Munoz and Mozo are hot). But then watched Lexi for a few holes. She's like Rory - just bombs it past everyone and is amazingly straight for such a long hitter. If she can improve her short game, she can do to the LPGA what Rory does when he's on. And yeah, he could start having knee and back issues in 10-15 years, but he'll be fun to watch in the meantime. I wonder how many points he'll be worth in our PGA challenge - I'm guessing 5.

Yes. I also think drug testing coincided way too conveniently with Annika Sorenstam retiring.

I've heard suspicions about Tiger a few times, but not Sorenstam. I don't recall her being that long of a hitter. I thought Lorena Ochoa, who was tiny, was longer than she was. I was more upset when Ochoa stepped away because she was fun to watch hit it long for someone who was like 5'2", 110.

What drugs were Annika taking that made her so good at golf? #askingforafriend

Weather forecast this week calls for rain in Louisville. Another wet course where distance will play a huge factor. Just give McIlroy the trophy.

Yeah, long and soft conditions the way Rory is driving the ball isn't gonna help the rest of the field. Driver 320, throw dart with wedge, rinse, repeat.

LK, care to comment more on the Sorenstam thing?

I've heard suspicions about Tiger a few times, but not Sorenstam. I don't recall her being that long of a hitter.

She went from average length and skinny to bulked up and consistently in the top 10 on the LPGA in driving distance. She actually led the tour in distance for a couple years. Just a personal conjecture and not some info or rumor I heard from anyone.

I wouldn't be surprised if Phil was doing HGH/PEDs as well. He went from fat man tits to pretty jacked in a short period of time. He also kicks dogs and is mean to women and children when the camera's aren't on. So him cheating wouldn't really be all that much of a shocker.

We're going to need bkf to weigh in on the proper protocol Tiger Woods should follow as he decides whether or not to withdraw from the PGA Championship.

According to Rich Beem, who as a former champion is playing in the event, Tiger has not withdrawn and still has his name up on a locker in the Champions Locker Room as well as a parking space waiting with his name on it. He thinks Tiger will show up and make a go of it this week.

Back