• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bruce Weber: Fired... Targeting Shaka (who says no)

Hey Illinois, have you seen this Jeff [Redacted] guy? A real culture changer!

Maybe we can negotiate an NBA style threeway trade. Bzzz to Illinois, Brownell to Wake, Shaka back to Clemson.

In the words of The Boss, Bang. Done.

I'd stay at VCU if I were Shaka. Illinois is a decent job, but it's not one of the foundational programs that is impervious to recruiting troughs and bad luck like say, Kansas, Kentucky, or our blue friends to the East. Stay at VCU and keep making his $1.2 million or whatever it is in a winnable conference with virtually no academic restrictions on recruiting or expectations on results.

I say we hire Ph. We can probably get him for $200k/year and save some money.

I love the coaching carousel. Weber has been a goner for a while. Even more of a forgone conclusion than Sidney Lowe was last season.

I think it's a pretty good job. Big Ten, good resources, and easy access to Chicago and Indiana, both prime recruiting grounds. Shaka would do quite well there I think.

I love the coaching carousel. Weber has been a goner for a while. Even more of a forgone conclusion than Sidney Lowe was last season.

I think it's a pretty good job. Big Ten, good resources, and easy access to Chicago and Indiana, both prime recruiting grounds. Shaka would do quite well there I think.

Yeah, it was clear Weber was gone. He never could duplicate the success he had in the 04/05 season. I remember thinking it wouldn't be long till he had them back in the Final 4, but didn't happen.

Illinois isn't a great job but better then VCU obivously. With that said, Shaka can go where he wants as long as his stock remains high.

Shaka has a pretty good team coming back at VCU next year. I think he should pass on Illinois and wait to see if Wake comes open next year.

I think he'd do a great job there. Illinois has the fan support, Chicago recruiting and a really good home court advantage.

132–147, 5-27 in the ACC gets to keep his job though! OH HEAVENS, YES!

By the way, according to wiki, Bzz won two Superbowls this year. We're so lucky!

Bahaha, I love Bzzzzz's wiki

Wake Forest Demon Deacons (Atlantic Coast Conference) (2010–present)
2010–11 Wake Forest 8–24 1–15 12th
2011–12 Wake Forest 13–18 4–12 T-9th Won 2 Superbowls!
Wake Forest: 21–42 5–27
Total: 132–147

This is also there...kudos to whomever did the editing!

Wake Forest University
On April 13, 2010, [Redacted] was hired as the 21st head men's basketball coach at Wake Forest University. Big mistake Ron Wellman.

Definitely needed another thread to be about [Redacted].

Yeah, it was clear Weber was gone. He never could duplicate the success he had in the 04/05 season. I remember thinking it wouldn't be long till he had them back in the Final 4, but didn't happen.

Illinois isn't a great job but better then VCU obivously. With that said, Shaka can go where he wants as long as his stock remains high.

More of a testament to how good Bill Self really is/was.

Shaka has a pretty good team coming back at VCU next year. I think he should pass on Illinois and wait to see if Wake comes open next year.

What makes you think Wake is more desireable than Illinois?

Back