• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BSD Article: Wake Forest Student Section

Coach K hates the motorcycle now, just think of how pissed he'll be the first time the lights dim and a black-cloaked Demon Deacon walks out to center court leading a pregnant sow by a studded leather leash, fires up a dirty chainsaw, uses it to carve a squealing piglet from the mother's womb, then holds the piglet high into the air so the blood and placental fluid drip onto the center court WF logo as a pre-game offering to our Dark Lord.

Pissed? More like flattered. He will think it's for him.

So your argument is that we need better personnel?

I'd rather go with the dark arts.

For this year. When we have decent defenders, we'll play better D. Before the season I said that we were going to have to try to outscore people as we couldn't play D. Our offense was a lot better than I thought it could be. That showed coaching.

I, for one, welcome our new satanic deacon overlord.

Another cool thing would be if instead of simply running out onto the court, our players wheeled out like the scary dudes in Return to Oz (#1 scariest movie of all-time by the way) and went all over the court circling and getting progressively closer and closer to the opposing team on every pass and generally freaking them out and traumatizing them. Like this:

3c5b3c44094faa02dcc5a2d2d43bdf46.gif

You guys are overlooking the very important question of what are we going to call the student section?!

Already covered this, "The Mausoleum." Unless we are going to rechristen the Joel as the Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Mausoleum. Then you could go with something like the Crypt, the Catacombs, Dante's Sixth (Man) Circle of Hell, etc.

Our Cheerleaders and Dance Squad would obviously be the Fallen Angels.

Incorporating most of the imagery from Return to Oz would actually be a pretty effective idea as far as unsettling pre-game festivities.

oz2.gif

Return-to-OZ-return-to-oz-39615538-500-269.gif

WDJU8iy.gif

I would also be amenable to Heaven's Gate assuming this is the route we're taking. No reason not to loop in some UFOs. This would also answer the question about how the student section should dress; matching black shirts, sweat pants, and black and white Nikes. Sports marketing, get on it.

Last edited:
I love how an innocent discussion about basketball game marketing and the re-implementation of some menacing and intimidating -- not to mention universally enjoyed -- black shirts and attire for games has evolved into this fantastic thread about scaring the be-jeezus out of Coach K and others with themes of Satan, demonic cults and animal sacrifices!! Hilarious.

:popcorn:

Also, the Deacon MUST dress like the Undertaker for all home games from now on!!

This has been one of my favorite threads to read ever.

I'm completely on board for the satanic/cult like theme.

I would also be amenable to Heaven's Gate assuming this is the route we're taking. No reason not to loop in some UFOs. This would also answer the question about how the student section should dress; matching black shirts, sweat pants, and black and white Nikes. Sports marketing, get on it.

No one is going to wear sweatpants to a basketball game.

Just say everyone wear black and leave it at that. Let the diehards and the band go all in on the demonic attire and get 1 or 2 easy to follow dark as shit chants and you are good to go.

If you want more than a couple hundred people to buy in you have to put a good product on the court and make it as easy as possible for the Machi's and Chi-O's to throw on their black dresses, show up hammered at the first tv timeout, have fun watching us kick Duke's ass while conducting a human sacrifice during Grayson Allen's free throws, and leave as soon as the game is in hand to go back to getting hammered.

No one is going to wear sweatpants to a basketball game.

Just say everyone wear black and leave it at that. Let the diehards and the band go all in on the demonic attire and get 1 or 2 easy to follow dark as shit chants and you are good to go.

If you want more than a couple hundred people to buy in you have to put a good product on the court and make it as easy as possible for the Machi's and Chi-O's to throw on their black dresses, show up hammered at the first tv timeout, have fun watching us kick Duke's ass while conducting a human sacrifice during Grayson Allen's free throws, and leave as soon as the game is in hand to go back to getting hammered.

But if they don't have the matching sweat pants, how will they be able to board the TELAH spacecraft to journey to the next level after the ritual halftime suicides? Answer me that smarty pants.

We don't want to overlook the importance of paying attention to details behind the scenes. We should have fog machines in the visiting locker room and maybe live raven or two. The tunnel they come out of could be like something from The Cabinet of Dr. Caligiari.

tumblr_lu0ro0ORko1qiz3j8o1_500.gif

How is Wake's choir? I think it would be sick to have an actual choir in the stands singing Gregorian chants during free throws.

Get the whole crowd silent as soon as a foul is called, let the choir start the chant alone, pick up the pace as the opponent steps to the line, and then have the whole crowd come in as he gets set to take the shot.

We don't want to overlook the importance of paying attention to details behind the scenes. We should have fog machines in the visiting locker room and maybe live raven or two. The tunnel they come out of could be like something from The Cabinet of Dr. Caligiari.

tumblr_lu0ro0ORko1qiz3j8o1_500.gif

I'm sure we would run into zoning issues but could we put an actual crypt next to the visiting locker room? Fundraise by selling burial plots to donors.

HES currently keeps its cadavers in the basement of the law school. We could move those over to the Joel.

How is Wake's choir? I think it would be sick to have an actual choir in the stands singing Gregorian chants during free throws.

Get the whole crowd silent as soon as a foul is called, let the choir start the chant alone, pick up the pace as the opponent steps to the line, and then have the whole crowd come in as he gets set to take the shot.

Well the WF Gospel Choir would likely have some concerns. I'm sure we could find some people willing to lead us in this number:

I'm gonna stick with my instinct that a recoding of a child shrieking in agony saying things like "YOU'RE HURTING ME!" every time the ball goes through the net for the visiting team is a pretty solid strategy.

Well the WF Gospel Choir would likely have some concerns. I'm sure we could find some people willing to lead us in this number:

I'm gonna stick with my instinct that a recoding of a child shrieking in agony saying things like "YOU'RE HURTING ME!" every time the ball goes through the net for the visiting team is a pretty solid strategy.

What are the rules for piping in sound (other than the announcer) or playing instruments during live action?

Seems like we would need an actual child to scream. We could attach wires to the backboard that lead to a Deke Pledge suspended from the rafters and have him act as if he is being electrocuted after each made basket. That would probably be within the rules.

What are the rules for piping in sound (other than the announcer) or playing instruments during live action?

Seems like we would need an actual child to scream. We could attach wires to the backboard that lead to a Deke Pledge suspended from the rafters and have him act as if he is being electrocuted after each made basket. That would probably be within the rules.

I'm not going to pretend to have a background in psychology, but I think the conditioning will be stronger if it's a very young child.

Back