• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bud Light Platinum

LadyDeac03

Reaction score
Has anyone tried it? I know Drew had a picture of it posted (maybe on FB?) a while back.

We randomly bought a 6-pack at the store today cause we were curious. About to crack into one in a second.

It's ok. Relatively crisp tasting, but essentially bud light with a higher alcohol content. We had a waiter at BW3 who was obsessed and convinced us to try it. Ultimately I would drink it if there wasn't much else but it's certainly no craft beer

Yeah, unfortunately LadyDeacToy and I are not real craft beer aficionados. I'll drink some more interesting things than he will, but neither of us really likes things particularly dark or interesting. We're kind of sad in that way.

After my first platinum sip I would say it's decent, but I probably wouldn't go out of my way or pay a lot more for it. It's fine for what it is.

It certainly isn't a light beer. 5 less calories than Bud Heavy.

Edit**

Last edited:
what I meant was that it tasted like a light beer because of that crispness, not that it was light in calories. Of course I don't drink Bud Heavy so I wouldn't have made that comparison

I like it, but how they are allowed to attach the "Light" label to it escapes me. Just about same aount of calories as regular Bud.

Works damn good on the tailgate after a good hunt. (take your stereotypical shots at will)

I like it, but how they are allowed to attach the "Light" label to it escapes me. Just about same aount of calories as regular Bud.

Fair question. Maybe it has to do with alcohol content vs. calories? But you're right that it's way closer to Bud heavy than Bud Light.

It's beer. 2 of them equals an extra 70 calories? Who cares.

Right. But it is only a few calories less than Bud Heavy. And many more calories that Bud Light. So how can they advertise it as Bud Light?

They did it because Bud Light is the #1 beer brand in the country. Anheuser Busch wasn't looking for accuracy.

seriously? calorie concern when it comes to bud vs bud light? how often are you people drinking bud products? buy real beer

I went through a 12 pack last weekend and woke up with a hangover. I can drink liquor all night, or drink good bears and never get a hangover. For that reason alone, I'm through with it.

Back