• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#BuzzOut Website: FireBz.com. "3 year pattern that needed to be addressed" R Wellman

They still may be right.

Here's a link
to a (much more) finished version for the Miami game.

I'm still taking suggestions & can change it to fit everyone's taste.

I think you're right but since this will be a much more spread-out effort to distribute; I'm less worried about some getting confiscated. If I was going to the game, I'd probably try to print 5-10 to give to the people I sit with, etc.

Ideally, I'd like to see them wind up places other than the Joel. I'm obviously not in the area to make it happen, but floating a few of these things around campus (and around W-S) would be terrific.

I like it. I hate to leave off BZ's record on the road because it's just so damning. But since this is for a home game, it makes since to leave it off. Also, didn't DV7 use 5.5"x 8.5"? (Two on a 8.5"x11") You might want to make that an option. It's easier to carry, less obtrusive, cheaper, and still should be easy to read.

Last edited:
I was reading back through some of Dan Collins' old stuff today; how's this for a [Redacted] gem?

"We have created stability here"
-Jeff [Redacted]. April 15th, 2010.

It's actually might be better in more context:

That is very telling. It should be accompanied by a notation of how many dismissals and transfers have occured in the last two years.

There are probably a lot of these types of statements that he and RW have made over the last three years that can be hung around their necks.

I reduced it down to 3 sheets from a standard letter size. But I just had basic stats in bullet format. Nothing fancy.

That is very telling. It should be accompanied by a notation of how many dismissals and transfers have occured in the last two years.

There are probably a lot of these types of statements that he and RW have made over the last three years that can be hung around their necks.

Never seen that article before. So much BS. Dan should be ashamed.

Wellman, who is today the director of athletics at Wake Forest, kept noticing a Northwestern assistant coach still on the tender side of 30, or roughly Wellman's age.
"He did some things that were really neat," Wellman said. "And I saw a veteran coach in the Big Ten at that time really rely on this young guy. I thought, ‘My goodness, that says something about that young guy.'
"And that young guy was Jeff [Redacted]."
Wellman said that no cronyism was involved, adding that he didn't know [Redacted] socially at Northwestern and hadn't seen him since [Redacted] attended a game at Wake Forest as an NBA scout in 2001.
-----------------

So he had been in social contact with [Redacted] for 9 years prior to the hire and they knew each other 30 years before:

Cronyism is partiality to long-standing friends, especially by appointing them to positions of authority, regardless of their qualifications. Hence, cronyism is contrary in practice and principle to meritocracy.

------------------

But he had paid attention to [Redacted]'s record as a head coach at Maryland-Baltimore County (1986-88), an assistant coach with the Washington Bullets (1988-94), a scout for the New York Knicks (1994-95), assistant coach and scouting director of the Miami Heat (1995-2001), a scout for the Denver Nuggets (2001-02), head coach of the Nuggets (2002-04), head coach at Air Force (2005-07) and head coach at Colorado (2007-10).

------------------
But he didn't pay attention to his lack of winning records as a head coach.

---------
To judge [Redacted]'s performance at Colorado, where the Buffaloes were 36-58 during [Redacted]'s three seasons as head coach, Wellman said, he had to look past the raw numbers. In contrast, Dino Gaudio was 61-31 in three seasons as head coach at Wake Forest.

---------

Jeff [Redacted] was 36-58 at Colorado. He is currently 32-56.

There's only one story Dan Collins needs to write.

Ron Wellman hired a coach who was 36-58 (38%) overall and 10-38 (21%) in conference in his previous job with the goal of competing for championships.

That coach is 32-56 (36%) overall and 9-36 (20%) in conference at Wake and he most likely will return next season.

Based on the red in the crowd (and not the dude in the blue jacket), and all the empty seats, I am going to go with HUGE home win over NC State for this one. Raucous, 60% full arena. Buzz' signature win.

[Redacted] era.

bzdelikera_zpsb731fbed.jpg

Jeff [Redacted] was 36-58 at Colorado. He is currently 32-56.

There's only one story Dan Collins needs to write.

Ron Wellman hired a coach who was 36-58 (38%) overall and 10-38 (21%) in conference in his previous job with the goal of competing for championships.

That coach is 32-56 (36%) overall and 9-36 (20%) in conference at Wake and he most likely will return next season.

These statistics really should be spouted by Dan at an Ad Nauseam pace.

Could a link to the one-pager be tweeted directly to the TV talent (if there's a way to find out who it will be) the morning of or day before the game, in a sort of Bzout media notes arrangement, and a rebuttal to the AD talking points?

Could a link to the one-pager be tweeted directly to the TV talent (if there's a way to find out who it will be) the morning of or day before the game, in a sort of Bzout media notes arrangement, and a rebuttal to the AD talking points?

This is a fantastic suggestion on a number of levels. Its genius is in the fact that its over the top; I think that helps get it noticed & there's no way for the information to be spun negatively for our side of the argument.

Won't happen.

Would be completely against the self-interest for announcers to say things that would potentially piss off the schools.

Wellman gets pissed. Wellman puts pressure on the ACC. ACC hires the officials and thus control the livelihoods of each announcer.

Won't happen.

Would be completely against the self-interest for announcers to say things that would potentially piss off the schools.

Wellman gets pissed. Wellman puts pressure on the ACC. ACC hires the officials and thus control the livelihoods of each announcer.

Yeah, but you're assuming the goal is to have them recite the statistics on-air.

Its not.

Last edited:

This is a fantastic suggestion on a number of levels. Its genius is in the fact that its over the top; I think that helps get it noticed & there's no way for the information to be spun negatively for our side of the argument.

Just take a couple of printed pages and hand carry them to the announcers before the game. It may or may not work. There may be too much security. But I've been to games before and walked within 10 ft of the announcers. It's worth a try...

Won't happen.

Announcers are not "officials". They do not work for the ACC. RW does not tell the TV networks who they can hire.

Announcers are not "officials". They do not work for the ACC. RW does not tell the TV networks who they can hire.
Mis-worded but same idea. Announcers aren't going to purposely piss off universities.

If as VTw said the goal is not to have them talk of them but simply alert them to the grander picture as preventative defense, then that is possible.

Mis-worded but same idea. Announcers aren't going to purposely piss off universities.

If as VTw said the goal is not to have them talk of them but simply alert them to the grander picture as preventative defense, then that is possible.

& takes minimal effort. no risk, possible reward. i'm all for it.

Back