• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#BuzzOut Website: FireBz.com. "3 year pattern that needed to be addressed" R Wellman

Embarrassing that Wellman hired Buzz when it was so clear to people who knew Buzz that he was a disaster waiting to happen.

Just another reason why Wellman needs to go along with his buddy.

He had a huge stack of chips. He was poised to be the TKH of Wake athletics. And then he went all in.

On Jeff Bzzdelick.

I understand why people hate Buzz, but the real problem is Wellman. Even if Buzz goes tomorrow, does anyone trust Wellman to hire the next basketball coach?

I understand why people hate Buzz, but the real problem is Wellman. Even if Buzz goes tomorrow, does anyone trust Wellman to hire the next basketball coach?

Exactly!

I had an idea tonight; thought I'd share to see if its decently received:

On the front 'banner' of the site (where I put 'The Buzz' and a few other things), I'm thinking about including a small sub-text with a link to quickly download a 'gameday .pdf'; which will be a 1-page summary of Bz-stats and facts that will also include a couple of game-specific statistical notes on next match-up. (i.e. for Miami: Bz's record vs Miami, point margin, etc)

The .pdf would be very similar to the stat-sheet DV7 distributed, but it will have the information for the site listed as well as the hash-tags for social media & other calls to action.

I was thinking this might be an effective way of spreading the word of FireBz.com to the people who are not as addicted to the internet as we are.

If you all print and distribute copies on your own; I think they'll be good to take to the Joel or to pass around wherever you know people might be interested in the message. I'll post a draft before I drift off tonight or in the morning.

Thoughts?

Alright, here's the rough 1st draft of what I'm thinking.

Obviously its going to be cleaned up in terms of content and layout, but I'm done for the night. Let me know what thoughts you have.

Alright, here's the rough 1st draft of what I'm thinking.

Obviously its going to be cleaned up in terms of content and layout, but I'm done for the night. Let me know what thoughts you have.

I think it looks good, but while I realize the point is to create awareness of the buzz out movement, if you are planning to distribute these at the Joel en masse, you should make it look more like an official game day flyer, then fill it with the "appropriate" [Redacted] stats. Even start off with player stats at the top, then coach "accomplishments" or something.

I think BuzzOut as the title will get it possibly trashed or confiscated before you even start at the Joel..

For a non-Joel distribution, then it would be fine with the current header.

Just a thought

Last edited:

Here's a link
to a (much more) finished version for the Miami game.

I'm still taking suggestions & can change it to fit everyone's taste.

I think it looks good, but while I realize the point is to create awareness of the buzz out movement, if you are planning to distribute these en masse, you should make it look more like an official game day flyer, then fill it with the "appropriate" [Redacted] stats. Even start off with player stats at the top, then coach "accomplishments" or something.

I think BuzzOut as the title will get it possibly trashed or confiscated before you even start...

I think you're right but since this will be a much more spread-out effort to distribute; I'm less worried about some getting confiscated. If I was going to the game, I'd probably try to print 5-10 to give to the people I sit with, etc.

Ideally, I'd like to see them wind up places other than the Joel. I'm obviously not in the area to make it happen, but floating a few of these things around campus (and around W-S) would be terrific.

Last edited:
That's pretty good and it'd be easy enough for someone to hand this out every game. I assume we lost the last result to Miami because I can't remember winning a game by that much other than FSU so you may want to think about actually putting a 'W' or 'L'.

I think it looks good, but while I realize the point is to create awareness of the buzz out movement, if you are planning to distribute these at the Joel en masse, you should make it look more like an official game day flyer, then fill it with the "appropriate" [Redacted] stats. Even start off with player stats at the top, then coach "accomplishments" or something.

I think BuzzOut as the title will get it possibly trashed or confiscated before you even start at the Joel..

For a non-Joel distribution, then it would be fine with the current header.

Just a thought

Agreed, when DV7 was handing these out you could hear staff walkies going crazy... They didnt want it distributed. If it looks official, it would be hard for staff to pick up on what they are doing.

Agreed, when DV7 was handing these out you could hear staff walkies going crazy... They didnt want it distributed. If it looks official, it would be hard for staff to pick up on what they are doing.

or hand them out in the tunnel.. you can get away with a lot of shit in a tunnel..

I was reading back through some of Dan Collins' old stuff today; how's this for a [Redacted] gem?

"We have created stability here"
-Jeff [Redacted]. April 15th, 2010.

It's actually might be better in more context:
"We have created stability here," [Redacted] said. "We want to move forward in the vision that I said that we would set here, and I am really looking forward to this challenge."

The Deacons have five scholarship players returning for next season with a sixth, transfer Nikita Mescheriakov, becoming eligible at the end of the fall semester. That means that any success for next year will depend heavily on the immediate contributions from an acclaimed five-player recruiting class of Travis McKie, Tony Chennault, Carson Desrosiers, J.T. Terrell and Melvin Tabb.

Last edited:
I like it but I think maybe you should put those out after the Miami game bc the Canes are arguably the best team in the nation....just my opinion. (all 4 the cause)

vt,

Could you work with a current student to have this one page .pdf posted throughout campus?

Maybe include a "Call for Action" link by students wanting to get involved? Have it be a link to email you directly, vt?

From what I've heard, a lot of students know and visit the website, however I think they'd be more reluctant if it involved working through a message board.

Students can just print those damn things out the pass them around the Joel.

Back