• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#BuzzOut

The new board is looking awesome! Its like when all the British convicts were dumped in exile in Australia, but when they got there, it was paradise!
#Buzz Out Before Buzz #s You Out!

That's not exactly what happened. Cook came during an unusually... wet year and Botany Bay was all in bloom. The Brits actually believed that part would be quite pleasant. Turns out that Botany Bay is normally dry and crappy.

Sydney Harbor itself is really pleasant. I love that city.

That's not exactly what happened. Cook came during an unusually... wet year and Botany Bay was all in bloom. The Brits actually believed that part would be quite pleasant. Turns out that Botany Bay is normally dry and crappy.

Sydney Harbor itself is really pleasant. I love that city.

Damn public school history education. I find out something every year I was lied to about.

Damn public school history education. I find out something every year I was lied to about.

It's really not too far from the truth though. They expected paradise, found a crappy place, intended to use the crappy place for a penal colony, then went north of the crappy place and built one of the world's coolest cities.

Guess this is the welcome thread, so... Welcome to me!

Moved to BuzzOut on 3/3/11. After a full season, our degree of sucking remained in the black hole range. That being said, I would love being absolutely wrong and we play skilled, inspired team basketball next season. I just don't see it happening next year, let alone in the next 2 or 3 years. I blame Wellman for hiring Dino first of all then hiring Buzz, he did him no favors. Hindsight is 20/20 and after Cleveland State I had zero confidence in Gottago to do anything with the talent he had or would ever have, we jumped out of the pot into the fire with the Buzz hire. This just SUCKS!!!

Lose to Cleveland State... extension for Dino
Lose to Kentucky after winning his first tournament game... firing Dino.
Blame lack of post season success... hire Buzz, who has zero career conference or NCAA tournament wins.

Wellman has lost the plot.

I wouldn't necessarily call myself BuzzOut. I'm more of a BuzzShouldn'tHaveBeenHired. It's a tough spot to be. Fire him (and Wellman) and stop the bleeding now and risk the image of being a crazy program. Let him stay and there will be more damage done to the program. It's a tough spot I tell you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't necessarily call myself BuzzOut. I'm more of a BuzzShouldn'tHaveBeenHired. It's a tough spot to be. Fire him (and Wellman) and stop the bleeding now and risk the image of being a crazy program. Let him stay and there will be more damage done to the program. It's a tough spot I tell you.

We're between a bumblebee and a stinging thing, that's for sure.

Lose to Cleveland State... extension for Dino
Lose to Kentucky after winning his first tournament game... firing Dino.
Blame lack of post season success... hire Buzz, who has zero career conference or NCAA tournament wins.

Wellman has lost the plot.

I think Wellman might be on to something. I got a "B" on my last exam. According to Wellman, my grade will go up if I study less. I'm gonna try it.

Buzz the FUCK out!

Man that felt good...love the look of the new boards

Anyone else find themselves even more pissed off that Buzz is still here, a week after the ACCT ended? I didn't expect Wellman would really make a move after the end of this season, even though I strongly feel it would be the right move, however now that other schools are firing their coaches who couldn't get it done, I get more and more upset we're settling for this shit. Granted it's only been one year, but every fucking indicator out there points to Bzzz not being able to get it done at Wake. I'm so jealous of every school making a change right now.

BuzzOUT

The best idea I've seen was what Racer posted a few weeks ago on the ADboards.

Fire Bz. Promote Battle to interim head coach. Retain the whole staff. Tell Battle he will be a candidate for the head job, but a search will take place throughout the season. I'll add to pay the assistants through December 2012 to give them time to make arrangements and discourage them from looking fo r jobs during the season.

Firing Buzz now wouldn't be a part of the "new culture" of Wake Forest by making everyone feel good about themselves. Besides the actual fans of Wake Forest, of course.

Firing Buzz now wouldn't be a part of the "new culture" of Wake Forest by making everyone feel good about themselves. Besides the actual fans of Wake Forest, of course.

There are some coaches at Wake who believe their athletes should feel BAD about themselves.

realtalk.

ETA: Not varsity coaches

I like that idea. I would go for it in an instant if that's what it took to get rid of Bzzz tomorrow. But I'm ready for a fresh start. No more of this weird meshing of coaching staffs that we've had in place since Skip's death. It's like we've just stumbled along for the last four years with no real vision or foresight about where we go with the program. I guess Bzzz has a vision of recruiting players who will never go to the NBA. But we all know he can't get, or doesn't want to put in the work to bring in, highly recruited players, and his vision is a proxy for explaining away poor recruiting results. It's madness and will fail. Love the work Battle has done here, but I'd like a clean break and the opportunity to bring in a real leader.

Other than the passage of time and hope, there is very little reason to believe Buzz will make us any better than mediocre. Granted, the few members of the Buzz-in club will celebrate wildly when we become mediocre in a few years. The rest of the basketball world won't even notice.

At this point, my hope is that some of our recruits turn out to be good players so the cupboard won't be empty when Wellman (or his successor) is forced by Hatch or global apathy to take action.

The continual lowering of expectations is what I worry most about with our program. Bzzz is apparently a master at this, since he's got some folks buying into it already.

When Bzzz wins 4 conference games next season, it will be a constant chirping of 'what a turnaround, he's getting it done, let's see what kind of recruits he picks up now, all he needs is more time!' I'll be most concerned if Wellman actually believes this.

Back