• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bzzz post game comments

I really don't think Wellman would be that stupid again.

Unless he gets turned down by his top two.

ETA: People might be pushing Turner because of existing relationships...I just don't see it happening. I was told his wife is very happy in Ca.

Last edited:
As much as I despise Wellman, his four year love affair with Bz has made it apparent to all that any "new hire" will at the minimum have a four year window to succeed...

I really don't think Wellman would be that stupid again.

Unless he gets turned down by his top two.

ETA: People might be pushing Turner because of existing relationships...I just don't see it happening. I was told his wife is very happy in Ca.

And his top two would be Bob Bender and Ernie Kent, I suppose?

SteveBuninCSN ‏@SteveBunin 2h
Per Source: UC-Irvine's Russell Turner (Big West champs) - leading candidate to replace Ben Braun at @Rice. Why leave? Better conf, more $.

Always nice to be competing with Rice for coaching talent.

Turner's name makes sense. Not many guys out there with strong Wake connections that would come back to coach here. Hopefully his wife likes CA enough.

Those top two, though. I imagine they are names we'd really like...

As much as I despise Wellman, his four year love affair with Bz has made it apparent to all that any "new hire" will at the minimum have a four year window to succeed...

And the lost decade turns into the lost generation.

Why the hell would Wellman hire someone with connections to the current staff?

(I know, those first five words speak volumes.)

I dunno, you might be right. There are much bigger reasons to not want Turner.

I know, but I don't see how that's a factor. Knowing Chill isn't a mark on someone's record.

There's no other head coach out there right now who would be more willing to keep Rusty and Childress on staff.

It would also be very Wellman-esque to hire someone dynamite that everyone here loves, and then fire him after one season.

Back