• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

Thanos would be in that 2nd tier for me.

Finally got around to seeing Black Panther 2 and thought it was great for the most part. Namor was amazing and I hope he will be used more going forward. I wasn't sure if the end of the movie was teasing an Atlantean civil war with Namora and Attuma vs Namor or whether Namor was considering a double cross against Wakanda.

I thought they did a phenomenal job handling the obviously difficult challenge of acknowledging Chadwick Boseman's death. I thought they were able to tie it in the story well and was pleased he didn't show up in a certain location as CGI.

My only complaint about the movie was Shuri taking up the mantle of Black Panther. Thematically, it made sense and she's been the panther in the comics, sure. But super science nerd becoming badass fighter just didn't work for me. I was hoping that when Okoye was stripped of her rank that it was setting up her to be the new Black Panther.

Speaking of which, Okoye is easily my favorite part of these movies. She just brings it every time.

I was glad they brought Nakia back. She was my second choice for Black Panther.

I'm looking forward to seeing more Riri Williams.

Nakia would have made a lot of sense as the new Black Panther given that she's a fighter and was the chosen warrior of her tribe in the first film. But I'm fine with how they handled it and her, especially in the mid-credits. Lupita looked particularly beautiful throughout the film. More evidence that long hair > short hair.

Pretty sure they set up a Talokan civil war in a future film, but they'll have to figure out how to make Namora and Attuma vs. Namor distinct from what we've already seen in Kilmonger vs. T'Challa. We're definitely getting Wakanda and Talokan vs. the US military.

Makes sense to go ahead and give Atlantis to DC with Polynesian Aquaman.

Kinda sad to see Star Girl ending but this season has been pretty weak anyway. Courtney has spent very little time as Star Girl and I think the Icicle reveal came too late in the season. That and Rick being super roid rage has been boring.

This frenemies season set of two big bads, one that’s been dead for 1 3/4 seasons and a brand new completely CGI character who has appeared for less than 5 minutes. It’s poor writing. The show went away from what worked the first two seasons. Starman hasn’t really helped at all.

The Guardians of the Galaxy holiday special was a lot of fun. Only a 44 minute run time but very funny.

That original Christmas song is very very catchy. I've put that on repeat a time or 2.

Movies: US release
Ant-Man and the Wasp: QuantumaniaFeb. 17, 2023
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3May 5, 2023
The MarvelsJuly 28, 2023
Captain America: New World OrderMay 3, 2024
ThunderboltsJuly 26, 2024
BladeSept. 6, 2024
Deadpool 3Nov. 8, 2024
Fantastic FourFeb. 14, 2025
Avengers: The Kang DynastyMay 2, 2025
Untitled movieNov. 7, 2025
Avengers: Secret WarsMay 1, 2026
Armor WarsTBA

Disney Plus:
Secret InvasionSpring 2023
EchoSummer 2023
Loki, season 2Summer 2023
IronheartFall 2023
Daredevil: Born AgainSpring 2024
Agatha, Coven of ChaosWinter 2023-24

This frenemies season set of two big bads, one that’s been dead for 1 3/4 seasons and a brand new completely CGI character who has appeared for less than 5 minutes. It’s poor writing. The show went away from what worked the first two seasons. Starman hasn’t really helped at all.

I have to apologize to Stargirl. Sort of. They had a great plan. The execution was a little off. But they pulled off a great reveal to set up the finale.

GOTG theory and possible spoiler.
One theory I've seen is that the color of the GOTG logo matches who dies in the movie. The Vol 3 color scheme matches Rocket

Watched the GotG Holiday show tonight. Much better than expected…maybe the Bacon effect.

I have to apologize to Stargirl. Sort of. They had a great plan. The execution was a little off. But they pulled off a great reveal to set up the finale.

Yeah it was a great payoff. I thought earlier in the season when the Gambler died that Star Man might have been the one to do it and that he was on a revenge tour. But I agree, it was a cool plot but they kinda bumbled it. I'm not sure what they could have done better though.

They dragged it out and then did the whole reveal in one ep. I would have rather they introduced the CGI character early as a looming threat and the big bad, bring back the other character a little sooner, and then reveal to us an episode or two before the heroes figure it out for themselves. Give us some scenes that are similar to early season scenes, except now we know, so they play much differently. Instead of that, they just did flashbacks. Give us new scenes and let us flashback ourselves and make the connections. Basically put the chess pieces on the board sooner and extend the payoff. With one episode left, a lot of the season now seems like filler.

Some other stuff:

The GOTG Holiday Special was solid. I found Mantis and Drax more obnoxious than funny. Overall the Christmas stuff was good and all the original songs (or at least songs I didn't know) were great. I really liked that it gave us a taste of where they are right now leading into GOTG Vol 3. It would be cool if some future films that don't have a D+ show attached has a short or special to kind of catch us up between films.

First Look at Gen V a spinoff of The Boys coming in 2023.

Speaking of Amazon Prime, if you haven't watched Invincible, you should watch it. Season 1 came out in March 2021. No word when Season 2 will be coming out. Hopefully it's early next year.

Nakia would have made a lot of sense as the new Black Panther given that she's a fighter and was the chosen warrior of her tribe in the first film. But I'm fine with how they handled it and her, especially in the mid-credits. Lupita looked particularly beautiful throughout the film. More evidence that long hair > short hair.

Pretty sure they set up a Talokan civil war in a future film, but they'll have to figure out how to make Namora and Attuma vs. Namor distinct from what we've already seen in Kilmonger vs. T'Challa. We're definitely getting Wakanda and Talokan vs. the US military.
Yeah maybe they do civil war but my read was they were setting up joint battle vs USA

Back