• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBS Sports Preseason ACC Basketball Predictions

If we finish 10th, Wellman will give Bzzz a big fat extension and claim he couldn't be happier.

If you look at it on paper, we're not that talented, but do have more returning talent than Miami, VT & Clemson, and probably more than State and GT - maybe BC too. A better coach might could get this group to be a middle of the ACC team. But not Buzzdick. I have confidence that he will once again lead us to the highest defensive FG% in the conference (which he's done at least for the last 5 years). And that will again mean a 5-6 win season in a historically bad ACC. Does that mean we're historically competitive?

New press release from Premier Wellman: Jeff [Redacted]'s Deacs ranked in the top 10 in the preseason poll!!! cbs preseason ACC poll by 2 writers who must be smoking weed

Last edited:
I seriously doubt Wake finishes in front of N.C. State.

It depends. I don't know what State's schedule looks like, but it will take some time for that team to come together imo. Other than Warren and (debatably) Tyler Lewis, who may be dethroned by Cat Barber, who else do they have?

I was looking at some pre-season mags in the groc and they all had us between 11th and 13th.

#tenthdaretodream

If you look at it on paper, we're not that talented, but do have more returning talent than Miami, VT & Clemson, and probably more than State and GT - maybe BC too. A better coach might could get this group to be a middle of the ACC team. But not Buzzdick. I have confidence that he will once again lead us to the highest defensive FG% in the conference (which he's done at least for the last 5 years). And that will again mean a 5-6 win season in a historically bad ACC. Does that mean we're historically competitive?

The ACC is not historically bad. That was [Redacted]'s 2nd year.

There's zero excuse for finishing behind Virginia Tech or Clemson this year. They're both gonna be horribad. But Bz strives for the impossible, so who knows.

There's zero excuse for finishing behind Virginia Tech or Clemson this year. They're both gonna be horribad. But Bz strives for the impossible, so who knows.

Yep, never underestimate how bad a [Redacted] team can suck. He could turn the Miami Heat into an 8th seed in the East this year I'm sure.

The ACC is not historically bad. That was [Redacted]'s 2nd year.

The ACC is historically the best conference. What I'm referring to is the large number of terrible teams the ACC has had the last few years. We never used to have anywhere near this many awful teams.

This is what Bz has done: not that long ago, I could name the starting 5 at every ACC school. Now the only non-WFU player I can think of is PJ Hairston. And that's not due to his bball skills. I can't name one other player at Duke, UNC, NCSU, etc. What was once one of the great passions in my life is something that I now don't care about at all. Thanks asshole.

I don't care how bad injuries have been, it is completely unacceptable to finish behind Buzzdick. You've been warned, Brownell.

Back