• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 57: Smangin' It

Status
Not open for further replies.
not one mention of how the neocons ACTUALLY drove up debt through big government. that's my point. you see "big government" through the rw framework of entitlements ignoring the war machine. i could not possibly care less about this debate because i dont discuss politics on message boards genuinely. that's a loser's game. my point is simply that you read their posts as wake grad, rich kid working in finance and think a crusty old cali dude is some super liberal. news flash: uber liberals dont go to wake. as such, they dont post on wake message boards. fiscally and socially wake forest kews right more than most universities. as such, so do the message boards.

you're a huge liberal so your point is moot.

you're a huge liberal so your point is moot.

im very liberal, but im also really in to free trade and business (and thinking outside typical liberal views on commerce). i do however think individual tax burdens in the us should be much higher and am really socially liberal (like most educated, non-religious people).

i'm kinda sad you didn't address any of his points at all, phan, cause when you do express yourself in such matters, I find myself agreeing with you almost all the time. also, i am not a rich wake grad, i was uber liberal and went to wake and actually had a ton of my views endorsed, while many others were obviously challenged and changed.

i dont really disagree with his points on the fact that it was a confluence of issues that caused the economy to hit the shitter, and there's really no way to argue his opinion in the last paragraph. now my biggest beef would be the typical issue of under-emphasizing the role that lax regulation of financial markets (EXCEPT THE EVIL POOR PEOPLE GETTING MORTGAGES) played in the fall of the financial system. that's of course completely dismissing the idea that afghanistan or iraq were in anyway necessary or that the bush tax cuts trickled-down all sorts of great economic benefit to the everyman.

im very liberal, but im also really in to free trade and business (and thinking outside typical liberal views on commerce). i do however think individual tax burdens in the us should be much higher and am really socially liberal (like most educated, non-religious people).

I believe in god but I don't think the state's definition of marriage or smoking pot would really piss him off.

Reactions: ITK

How much higher? As a single person with no real deductions I pay 25% federal. Do you think that is enough?

i will say the absolute best thing about living in dc is being absolutely insulated from all political commercials.

Reactions: ITK
How much higher? As a single person with no real deductions I pay 25% federal. Do you think that is enough?

the minimum in denmark is 36%. the maximum is 50-60% (i cant remember offhand). id say we have plenty of room to go up.

the minimum in denmark is 36%. the maximum is 50-60% (i cant remember offhand). id say we have plenty of room to go up.

They have socialized health care, we don't.

I may just be drink, but it seems like the CT is now on the politics board

I think they have the better deal personally. If we had universal health care I would pay more in taxes. But we don't.

yeah. they also spend way less on defense. why i'm finna be a MONTE ex-pat. europe is more my speed.

Did you guys see that season 2 of the Wire played out on some docks this morning in Jersey? They opened a shipping container and there was human cargo...some dead.

beer beer beer. excellent post-run drinky drink. making some MONTE pasta (or rice, can't decide).

freshly foraged morel mushrooms (butter lemon garlic salt/pepper preparation) and wilted spinach over pasta.

if i go over pasta, i have to go to the store for more. womp womp. that's why i'm thinking rice. ...but it would be much better over pasta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back