• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CHAT THREAD 60: Posted From Stolen Land

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Wakeforest22890 I know I’m supposed to store my white wines between 50 and 45 degrees, but my wine fridge is set at 44 and I still don’t think my whites are getting cold enough coming out of the wine fridge. Is there anything wrong with setting my wine fridge even lower?
There's nothing "wrong" with it but I feel like that's pretty cold if that's the actual temperature. At that point you're losing a lot of the fruit profile until the wine gets a little warmer. Seems like the issue is probably that the temperature you're seeing is not the actual temperature?

There's nothing "wrong" with it but I feel like that's pretty cold if that's the actual temperature. At that point you're losing a lot of the fruit profile until the wine gets a little warmer. Seems like the issue is probably that the temperature you're seeing is not the actual temperature?
Just did a temp check. It’s reading right. Haier’s can only go to 41, which I don’t think I want. Could just be a preference thing. May have to adjust my pallet.

Numbers what do you think about the 20 minute rule

That’s what I do and wine tastes good to me
Yeah I largely follow this. If your whites/reds are in the 55 degree range that's probably fine overall for both/either. Most reds short of full body I toss in the fridge, whites I largely pull out of the fridge for that time range.

Hello friends. I am in Louisville at a conference, meeting with colleagues, going to interesting presentations on wildlife stuff, drinking too much and not sleeping enough. I hope you all are well.
I had to go back and make sure I didn't assign this team already, but I'm in the clear. @birdman isn't just a one trick poster, though he is very consistent in sticking with what works well. Top tier efficiency ratios for the volume and battles in a tough conference. His best years have come recently and it makes you wonder if his peak is yet to come. He is a Creighton Blue Jay.

Evening CT! Today was freakishly warm in NC.
Sounds nice! Didn't leave the 30's here with a strong wind. We have our first winter weather advisory for tomorrow morning. The first one is always fun because the roads aren't treated with salt yet and everyone has forgotten how to drive in the slick stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back