• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CHAT THREAD 60: Posted From Stolen Land

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to listen to two McElroy podcasts every week for years and dipped in and out of a couple of their others too. Also used to consume a lot of their youtube content as well. Don't know if it's them or me but I bounced off them hard and now consume none of it.

same thing

I sent a mbmbam thing to @RedSoxFaithful one time and he became a much bigger fan than I

i don't think i've listened to anything by them in 3+ years

Sticking out your gyat for the rizzler

You’re so skibidi

You’re so Fanum tax

I just wanna be your sigma

[Gen Alpha Is Here. Can You Understand Their Slang?]​

Shit, my son says skibidi all the time. Skibidi Ohio for some reason. Also, everything good is bussin, or it's bussin bussin shees if it's really good. He never says the stuff seriously, but he says it all the time.

dug Ethan Klein's stuff when he was just reacting to YouTube videos but the whole media empire thing is too much

I sent a mbmbam thing to @RedSoxFaithful one time and he became a much bigger fan than I

i don't think i've listened to anything by them in 3+ years
so maybe not just a me thing

seems like something around the start of COVID times made a lot of people stop listening.

is there a longform article about this somewhere

My daughter and I were singing along to a song that prominently features talk of a telephone book. Then I said, wait, do you even know what a telephone book is?

She said she did because of old movies. She knew they were supposed to be thick.

My daughter and I were singing along to a song that prominently features talk of a telephone book. Then I said, wait, do you even know what a telephone book is?

She said she did because of old movies. She knew they were supposed to be thick.
Back in high school “telephone book” was my nickname

I listened to part of a MBMBAM podcast in the car only one time…I found their voices and their manner of speaking very irritating so we turned it off.

Turned out my wife’s podcast settings had them playing at like 1.25x speed so no wonder they sounded like unfunny fast talking chipmunks. Even so I never listened to them again.

it's a bit of an acquired taste and some episode/bits are so damned good and others less so

i also low key felt like it change and started to sound as if they didn't like doing it anymore

am i wrong to be skeptical of how influential the "producers" of these things are? I mean, "from the executive producers of BoB" sounds like it should mean this is going to kick ass, but isn't that just the people who put up the money? How about the director of BoB?

I think the fact that I don't listen to podcasts is the most boomer thing about me.

I will sometimes get into some NPR stuff (This American Life, or Wait Wait Don't Tell Me) on long trips. Also did Serial and S-Town in the past, but definitely don't listen to podcasts with any regularity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back