• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 77: It's inevitable, it's a fact that we're gonna get down to it

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend forwarded this to me today and it is still as awesome now as it was 10 years ago.

oh. well, in that case...

yeah, i may have some time today to fix that up. i know he needs to change.

I added two of the tags because I assumed Moon was behind the first few and would see that I really don't care what tags say.

so we do a christmas luncheon at work, and the company provides the ham/turkey, and employees bring side dishes, desserts, whatever. suggestions on what i should make? bonus points if it can either be eaten cold or can be made in a crockpot. if i do something outside of those two limitations, then they'll try to heat it up in the microwave, but it's not big enough for a standard pyrex, which just makes it way, WAY too complicated.

huzzah!

btw, i've been killing it on your calls for food suggestions of late. :)

so we do a christmas luncheon at work, and the company provides the ham/turkey, and employees bring side dishes, desserts, whatever. suggestions on what i should make? bonus points if it can either be eaten cold or can be made in a crockpot. if i do something outside of those two limitations, then they'll try to heat it up in the microwave, but it's not big enough for a standard pyrex, which just makes it way, WAY too complicated.

Crockpot Meatballs (or cocktail weinies, whichever you prefer)

Ingredients:
1 (32 oz.) bag frozen meatballs
1 (18 oz.) jar grape jelly
1 (18 oz.) bottle of your favorite BBQ Sauce

Directions:
Pour the meatballs, grape jelly and BBQ sauce into your slow cooker and stir well until combined.
Cook the mixture on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 2 – 2 ½ hours until completely cooked through (stirring occasionally).
When they are ready, just set your crock pot to the "keep warm" setting and let guests serve themselves.

huzzah!

btw, i've been killing it on your calls for food suggestions of late. :)

yes you have! i need to just start shooting you an email instead of asking the whole CT!

Crockpot Meatballs (or cocktail weinies, whichever you prefer)

Ingredients:
1 (32 oz.) bag frozen meatballs
1 (18 oz.) jar grape jelly
1 (18 oz.) bottle of your favorite BBQ Sauce

Directions:
Pour the meatballs, grape jelly and BBQ sauce into your slow cooker and stir well until combined.
Cook the mixture on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 2 – 2 ½ hours until completely cooked through (stirring occasionally).
When they are ready, just set your crock pot to the "keep warm" setting and let guests serve themselves.

i actually thought of this, and it would be PERFECT! except that one of my coworkers already done this every year for this particular luncheon. i can't steal it from him! :)

When one of the OGBroads is spreading rep and leaves you a rep that just says "spreading", it seems inappropriate, does it not?

When one of the OGBroads is spreading rep and leaves you a rep that just says "spreading", it seems inappropriate, does it not?

I often get excited to see new rep, then depressed when all it says is "spreading". Its such a let down. Say something funny yo. If I laugh there's a good chance I'll find a way to return the favor.

Where did you end up getting your propane from?

I often get excited to see new rep, then depressed when all it says is "spreading". Its such a let down. Say something funny yo. If I laugh there's a good chance I'll find a way to return the favor.

Where did you end up getting your propane from?

Decided to make some from peanuts, instead.

I loveee those crockpot meatballs!

I very rarely get rep that says just "spreading". Maybe only once.

ETA: okay twice

I loveee those crockpot meatballs!

I very rarely get rep that says just "spreading". Maybe only once.

I was going to leave you some now, but I will wait until my boy, Luis Guzman, can do the honors. How much rep does he need before he can spread it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back