• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CIX -- It comes after five. (I am proud to be a Demon Deacon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My DirecTV got jacked up by a storm a few weeks ago and all my channels have come back except ESPN and ESPN2. I've been watching the shit out of ESPNEWS and have realized they only have about 2 hours of original programming. It's turrible.

Fixin' to go on a week long vacation to the beach in a couple weeks and I am pumped. Wife and I used to take some sweet vacations, but haven't done a week long vacation since 2009. Only thing that sucks is that she's knocked up and can't get all crunked up with me on the porch at night while listening to El Chupe's Steely Dan playlist.

My mom wants me to fly to San Luis Obispo in a few weeks and then we can drive home and stop at General Sherman in Sequoia National Forest. Anyone been? Worth it?

Fixin' to go on a week long vacation to the beach in a couple weeks and I am pumped. Wife and I used to take some sweet vacations, but haven't done a week long vacation since 2009. Only thing that sucks is that she's knocked up and can't get all crunked up with me on the porch at night while listening to El Chupe's Steely Dan playlist.

Which beach?

My mom wants me to fly to San Luis Obispo in a few weeks and then we can drive home and stop at General Sherman in Sequoia National Forest. Anyone been? Worth it?

i want to see it. i don't know if it's "worth it", but i love stuff like that. :noidea:

I love that 07 went from the resident fat guy with sweaty shits so bad he had shower to "I can't not post pictures of me running."

I also love the tour de France thread. It's lbe talking to herself about the race while everyone else makes fun of the doping.

basically. oh well.

silly awesome 5 day weekend

home (half day wednesday, train up to bk) > brooklyn (prospect park, bars on bars on bars, bk botanical garden, red hook fireworks) > fairfield, ct yesterday for a beach day at a friend's house on the long island sound, kayaking, way too much boozing and grilling > brooklyn late night senseless bars and hangover brunch > home

makes all the long work weeks, annoying coworkers, etc worth it when you really get to blow off steam with awesome people

So I just watched this movie "Seeking a Friend for the End of the World" with Steve Carell and Kiera Knightley. It was rather enjoyable. Has anyone else seen it? I don't remember hearing anything about it.

So I just watched this movie "Seeking a Friend for the End of the World" with Steve Carell and Kiera Knightley. It was rather enjoyable. Has anyone else seen it? I don't remember hearing anything about it.

I saw it and enjoyed it but the end was kind of bittersweet.

holy crap this weekend (Wed-Sun) was awesome and completely kicked my ass. I love America and beer and friends and women.

In a few weeks I fully expect to be bitching about women btw. So just remember this.

I feel like I have been productive today. Medium run, used my new drill for the first time to put up a shelf, vacuumed the house. Hmmm it doesn't sound like much when I write it out. Anyway it seems like it should be later but it is only 6. Feels too early for dinner but I'm hungryyy. Guess I will continue productivity with some laundry and keep trying to put off dinner.

It was a home care day for us to. I completely redid our closets. Our bedroom and living is still a wreck with laundry everywhere but now everything has a home. We went out and bought closet organizer stuff to give us much needed shelving space.

Oak Island

Awesome, my parents live in southport.

Had a great long weekend in charleston with some amazing food. Got a ridiculous sunburn at the beach, and the hotel valet (allegedly) stole my iPod touch from my car.

I saw it and enjoyed it but the end was kind of bittersweet.

as expected, I suppose.

It was a home care day for us to. I completely redid our closets. Our bedroom and living is still a wreck with laundry everywhere but now everything has a home. We went out and bought closet organizer stuff to give us much needed shelving space.

Nice to redo the closets! I talked to my parents on the phone for a while tonight which slowed my laundry progress, but I have everything put away except one shower curtain in the dryer. That can wait until morning.

as expected, I suppose.

Nice to redo the closets! I talked to my parents on the phone for a while tonight which slowed my laundry progress, but I have everything put away except one shower curtain in the dryer. That can wait until morning.

Our problem was that mtndeac had lived on his own with a walk in closet since 2009. When I moved in, he would only give up 1/6 of the closet for my clothes. Slowly I've taken over more space in the closet. Sadly the reality is our closet isn't big enough for two people. The second bedroom is my office and that closet has his old school stuff that he won't part from. Our winter clothes will be going to my parents house. Our coat closet is a disaster. Whoever built the house sure didnT know the size of hangers. If we put any hangers in that closet, the door won't shut. That leaves one last closet and I use it for our serving dishes, his beer supplies, etc.

We really had our work cut out for us. I completely redid every closet but the 2ndbedroom/office today. By adding temporary shelving (we rent) I was able to fit a lot of my clothes in and give m extra space. I also added shelving to the coat and other closet, which allowed for me to get a bunch of stuff off our living room floor to give it a proper home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back