• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: RJKarl Given 1 Point by LK, Later Rescinded !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We went to the Dabney when we first got to DC and still haven't had a better meal than our first one there.

Best bite of food in DC so far was the foie gras faberge egg at mirabelle. It's an absurdly decadent dish. Found these pics online http://dcrefined.com/eat-drink/gallery/mirabelle-foie-gras-faberge-egg

Obviously haven't had the Jimmy Muscles sandwich at Federalist Pig

Db9a7pFVQAAncrV.jpg

Was at federalist pig last weekend! That place is great.

Also update Dabney was great. Dunno what you losers have been ordering.

Columbia room cocktails were on point too. And the bouncer and bartender at Lost and Found after wards were sixer fans so I am hung over today

Always cool to see what could have been had I had any ambition or motivation or drive, luck, money, mentorship, connections or or or...Nah, still never would have happened. Still cool to see the viol in the Times!

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/08/arts/music/liam-byrne-viol.html

This guy played with us here at UNC a few times when he was home from school/before he went to Oxford. Nice dude.

Last edited:
Birthdays are the dumbest things to celebrate. Hooray, the sun and the earth are aligned in the same position as they were when i was born.

I don't get it. People want to buy you a beer, give you some cake, say nice things to you. Good excuse to go out for a nice meal. What's not to like?

I'm generally on board with a nice, open invite birthday dinner/drinking event

However I'm just burnt out from the last six months of celebrating things

That being said I forgot that my new brother-in-law's birthday is the same as mine, so we're doing a birthday/mother's day cookout at the in-laws house on Saturday in Winston. Which is totally fine with me. I've always enjoyed the shared birthday celebration, and he's a chill dude, so that will work going forward.

Birthdays are the dumbest things to celebrate. Hooray, the sun and the earth are aligned in the same position as they were when i was born.

It's pretty fucking crazy if you think about it man. All that space out there and we end up in the same alignment flying through the universe at 75 thousand miles an hour. On this rock. Crazy.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. Rock and roll. I'm ready.

So the earth turns into the sun? Interesting. Also, doesn't matter, we have Bruce Willis.

At least people would shut up about manmade climate change for ten minutes.

OK I'm in the rabbit hole now. If an asteroid only 100 feet wide hits NYC, this is what happens (complete destruction). Asteroids seem to basically be like nukes.

gmNZqU8wqXGbuSue7WYqih-650-80.jpg

Yeah but death by asteroid (or nuke) is a truly gnarly way to go. Much better die that way than on some death bed with pneumonia.

Speaking of we're having a socratic seminar today on whether or not the U.S. should have dropped THE bomb. 1st period went well. But they're the quieter ones. Much more worried about the attention seeking rabble rousers in my next class.

speaking of death by nuke, anyone check out the new HBO series Chernobyl? Creepy shit.

Yeah but death by asteroid (or nuke) is a truly gnarly way to go. Much better die that way than on some death bed with pneumonia.

Speaking of we're having a socratic seminar today on whether or not the U.S. should have dropped THE bomb. 1st period went well. But they're the quieter ones. Much more worried about the attention seeking rabble rousers in my next class.

Have them read this.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/1946/08/31/hiroshima

Better question for the students is why did we stop nuking stuff and has that proven to be the best strategy in a complicated world.

Better question for the students is why did we stop nuking stuff and has that proven to be the best strategy in a complicated world.

i think Biff's right. litigating the initial decision is fine but most adults let alone children are going to be able to understand what it might have been like for Truman making that decision in 1945.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back