• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Smidger: RIP, internet acquaintance

as someone who has worked in a call center, you sound like a pain in the fucking ass

As someone who has dealt with call center employees now daily for a week, you sound like someone who has worked in a call center.

srsly, way to big time that phone rep! I'm sure that helped solve everything!

I have spoken to 10 different people in this call center and all of them have the same script that refuses to help me. I have told each of them that I understand that this isn't their fault, and I am sorry for being angry with them, but have begged them to help me find someone in their company that can help me. EVERY ONE OF THEM has told me the same thing, so I asked for an escalation. When I was told that this was as high in the BA organization as I could get, I snapped, and YES i'm pissed off about it.

So how is he supposed to convey to the airline that he would like his luggage back after two weeks of calmly requesting they track it down and deliver it to him, as they've repeatedly promised to do ?

This is my issue. I cannot get anyone to care about the fact that they lost two of our bags. Not just one. TWO.

Sounds to me that the derp derp kids probably peeled off the luggage tags as a consequence of making them manual labor bitches all summer. What's the update on that?

Diggler - Did you file a PIR? Did you get a incident/tracking number? Was the bagged check through to CLT or just LHR?

Diggler - Did you file a PIR? Did you get a incident/tracking number? Was the bagged check through to CLT or just LHR?

Yes - filed the report while still at LHR and got a reference number. They told us before we even deplaned that our bags had been pulled off to get the weight and balance right, so it wasn't like they were ever even lost.

Yes - filed the report while still at LHR and got a reference number. They told us before we even deplaned that our bags had been pulled off to get the weight and balance right, so it wasn't like they were ever even lost.

And what does the tracking info say?

I'd say just go ahead and file your monetary claim now.

And what does the tracking info say?

I'd say just go ahead and file your monetary claim now.

Says it was delivered to Charlotte the next day and that I'll get a call from the courier ANY MOMENT NOW. Problem is that AA has turned their baggage area upside down and doesn't have it.

I'm about to that point but I'm afraid once I do that they will completely abandon the "search."

how long does it take to recover luggage jettisoned over the atlantic? i'm sure robert ballard can find it

Is it the principal of the whole thing or do the bags contain something invaluable like your medroxyprogesterone prescription.

"I keep asking these reps what 2+2 is, and all of these assholes keep giving me the same canned response of '4', so I asked for an escalation to get to the bottom of it"

rsf what is diggler supposed to do

I mean I get being mad at an airline for losing yr luggage-- I've been there, too, and it sucks!-- but I think you sorta have to realize that a.) they're not trying to steal your luggage, and b.) you're not the only asshole with lost luggage, and c.) call center reps are generally trying to help solve the issue (and are generally not trying to obscure the issue further), and d.) when 10 of those reps give you the same answer, it's probably the right answer and/or the one that you're going to get from anyone in the company. Don't you think that a rep would see that this dude has called pissed off 10 times, and think "yeah, a supervisor could probably help and stop this idiot from calling over and over again, but NAH I'm going to keep up the charade!"

In other words: dude should stop being a dick and use some basic logic

That's a horrible metaphor for a call center, if you don't want to deal with shitty things don't have a shitty job. Also there is no way a call center person would know 2+2=4, that's why they work in a call center.

if the phone rep is a lady, does diggler have to conference in his wife before he can say anything ?

This has been an entertaining troll. If I get off the shitter and log into my parody from last night with any fewer than three poes reps I'm retiring from this CT.

Back