• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread : welcome to the world of the plastic beach

Status
Not open for further replies.
timmy your job needs to be in fantasy football naming because those are really clever

my favorite fantasy team names were from the old fantasy basketball league I used to run

Chris Kaman His Pants
Maggette and Speatballs

and my baby, my forever favorite:
Metapod Used Harden! (this one came with a bad photoshop of metapod with harden's beard)

none of these were my teams though I think I did come up with Metapod Used Harden!

Well. Found out yesterday that StepWindy has decided to transfer and retire from his baseball career. He'll be heading back to Florida in December and taking a semester at a community college before looking to go to UF or UCF.
So he is done done. No thoughts on going D3 instead? Still gets to play but without the commitment.

luckily sweet dee's cousin and her husband are very nice people and they let me listen to rumors with them and then sultans of swing like three times
[Baba O'Riley plays]
joe-pera-joe-pera-talks-with-you.gif

So he is done done. No thoughts on going D3 instead? Still gets to play but without the commitment.
i haven't had a chance to talk to him. His mom was telling me. My gut tells me he's done done. He's played 11 mths a year since he was 10 yrs old. Sounds like he just wants som time to be a NARP and have a typical college experience.

Sounds like there may be a girl involved as well...which i don't think is influencing leaving Lafayette, but may be a factor in choosing Florida or UCF.

Mixed emotions as his StepDad. Obviously support whatever he wants to do and have always said his choice on baseball or not. But the end of an era/season brings some emotion for me.

I love that scene so much
Saw him live last fall and it was one of the best stand up sets we've seen. Surprisingly dark. His takedown of a heckler was the second best I've seen in person after David Cross, but they both probably get a lot of practice since some part of the crowd is expecting Tobias and a not morbidly dark Joe Pera.

just opened up my Gmail and saw a nice note that apparently I was charged $115 for 247. I signed up when these boards were down and out for a while and they had a promo for like $10 bucks or something. Guess I forgot about it. Just emailed to cancel.

The time commitment is absolutely less but just because it's d3 doesn't means those coaches care less or don't insist on some level of commitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back