• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Tread Raffi - Down By The Bay - Did you ever go to a basketball game, and steal concessions without shame ? ? ! ?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We visited QC for 4 nights back in August. Stayed at Le Château Frontenac which was interesting. Very touristy but great location right on the promenade overlooking the river.

Take the funicular down to the old historic district (or take the stairs) where there are tons of shops and restaurants. Very European feel. Just enjoyed walking around that area, the promenade, and the neighborhood surrounding the hotel. Drank a lot of beer and liked a microbrewery called La Barberie the best.

The waterfall DiV referenced is Montmorency Falls and they are a short drive out of the city (20min?). Beautiful scenery and there’s a zip line and cable car that you can ride to take it all in with a great view. Don’t know if that will be up and running in February though 🥶.

Directly across from the falls via a bridge is Île d'Orléans. Small island that was one of the first places to be colonized by the French. Felt like stepping back in time as I believe many families have stayed there throughout the generations. A lot of wineries, cheese shops, farmstands…we just drove the circular loop around the island after visiting the falls, enjoying the scenery. But again, things might not be so open in February.

One last thing: Poutine
Awesome. Wifey wanted to stay at Frontenac but they didn't have availability for all four nights and so we would have had to move. I'm happier this way since we just got an Air BnB which looks super nice and all-in is cheaper than a single night at Frontenac. And it looks like everything is still open in Feb at the falls.

Awesome. Wifey wanted to stay at Frontenac but they didn't have availability for all four nights and so we would have had to move. I'm happier this way since we just got an Air BnB which looks super nice and all-in is cheaper than a single night at Frontenac. And it looks like everything is still open in Feb at the falls.
Frontenac was nice but not all that. Things I liked most about it were location and they were pet friendly and very accommodating to our two dogs

Our AirBnB is like a block or two away, so we’re still right in that area

I’d like to go to a Super Bowl one day. But going to the Super Bowl 30 minutes down the road doesn’t seem like it would be a big deal. But traveling for one would be a hassle especially if the Panthers aren’t in it or I don’t like the teams in it at all. Plus I also like hosting a Super Bowl party on my patio (forecast this year is 70 degrees at kickoff).

And many NFL games are boring.

Does the take that QC>Montreal belong on the unpopular opinions thread?

Does the take that QC>Montreal belong on the unpopular opinions thread?

I dunno...we enjoyed them both a lot but don't recall thinking about going back to Montreal as much as QC. Prolly 'cause QC just has such an old world feel and look...kinda romantic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back