• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chennault transferring again? Nope, changes mind

Ralph, every answer I've ever heard to your question includes the phrase "class act."

Searched in Google and found an email from poster Latt Mamoureux from 2008 where he relays his dad's scouting report for the one game he saw Chennault play at CP3's camp. It basically just says he isn't ACC quality.

His dad is a betetr PG scout than Battle.

Last edited:
I'm assuming there's a "Thinking about leaving" thread started by Tony on the Nova boards somewhere.

I mean, I would hope so, but I don't see how that's relevant. There are lots of things I love to do that don't really jibe with what's in my best interest overall.

I don't know how old you are but it is a lot easier to see those big picture types of things when you are older than when you are 18-19-20... Plus, there is no reason he couldn't go to a good academic school and finish with a fine degree and still keep playing basketball. Not that I know that is how he is thinking - he may just want to hold on to his youth and his fun a little longer...

I'm not saying I don't understand his motives. Some of you seem to be missing the point.

I suppose Kerry Kittles or Tim Thomas will take him to dinner to encourage him to stay. That is standard practice, right?

In all seriousness, I hope he finds a good program for him. Sounds like he has endured a lot over the last few years.

I don't know how old you are but it is a lot easier to see those big picture types of things when you are older than when you are 18-19-20... Plus, there is no reason he couldn't go to a good academic school and finish with a fine degree and still keep playing basketball. Not that I know that is how he is thinking - he may just want to hold on to his youth and his fun a little longer...

Yep. If he has higher academic aspirations it only matters were he gets his graduate degree.

Yep. If he has higher academic aspirations it only matters were he gets his graduate degree.

Can you expand on this post? Really having trouble knowing whether or not to disagree. ;)

Not sure if you mean if he intends to continue on to get a grad degree it only matters where the grad degree is from (which certainly has merit to it) or that if he values education and academics then he must intend on going on to get a grad degree.

The first. If he goes to a Division II school and plays ball and wants to go to graduate school, being an athlete with good grades would help him get into a good program.

A little respect,y'all. All who wander are not lost.

I guess Kerry Kittles was very persuasive at dinner.

Back