• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cheyenne Woods at US Amateur Public Links

Wow, that is really impressive.

"the only player in the field of 155 to break par"

Bandon Dunes is playing insanely hard this week - the Men's Pub Links is there as well, I think they're splitting everything across 4 courses. My buddy won his sectional by shooting something like 70-67 on a really difficult golf course, and that was after shooting a 61 on his home course and setting two course records in VA.

He shot 85-83 at Bandon. Only one guy broke par over the 2 days. The cut was +11.

Hopefully Cheyenne keeps it up - the LPGA tour is a disaster right now.

I wouldn't really call Tseng good for the LPGA. I'm guessing the vast majority of viewers in the US would be about 9 million times more likely to watch Cheyenne Woods win a major than yet another Asian stroll to victory. At least Tseng speaks English...

I wouldn't really call Tseng good for the LPGA. I'm guessing the vast majority of viewers in the US would be about 9 million times more likely to watch Cheyenne Woods win a major than yet another Asian stroll to victory. At least Tseng speaks English...

isn't that a rule? speaking english i mean

I remember them talking about it but I didn't know they'd implemented it. I feel like I just saw some interview with a female translator... Maybe the test isn't that hard, or maybe they have some amount of time to become proficient?

Anyway, I think it's more about the leaderboards being filled with boring foreigners who show little emotion and just go around quietly beating the shit out of the 2 or 3 hot marketable Americans. After Wie fell apart there's been no phenom to get excited about.

A player named Woods who's actually winning in the college/amateur ranks is a huge opportunity...

He shot 85-83 at Bandon. Only one guy broke par over the 2 days. The cut was +11.

Also impressive is that Old Mac only played to 7000 yards and Bandon Trails played to 6800 yards. You don't have to have stupid long courses to keep top level players in check.

I desperately want to make a trip up to Bandon to see the variety of architecture.

Also impressive is that Old Mac only played to 7000 yards and Bandon Trails played to 6800 yards. You don't have to have stupid long courses to keep top level players in check.

I desperately want to make a trip up to Bandon to see the variety of architecture.

Let me know if you ever make it. I live about two hours from Bandon.

I remember them talking about it but I didn't know they'd implemented it. I feel like I just saw some interview with a female translator... Maybe the test isn't that hard, or maybe they have some amount of time to become proficient?

Anyway, I think it's more about the leaderboards being filled with boring foreigners who show little emotion and just go around quietly beating the shit out of the 2 or 3 hot marketable Americans. After Wie fell apart there's been no phenom to get excited about.

A player named Woods who's actually winning in the college/amateur ranks is a huge opportunity...

That's a really sad paragraph on so many levels (not talking about DCDeac, just the reality of the situation that he succinctly summarized):
1. The lack of marketability of women's golf.
2. The xenophobia
3. The focus on looks
4. Relative lack of US talent
5. The fall of Michelle Wie

That's a really sad paragraph on so many levels (not talking about DCDeac, just the reality of the situation that he succinctly summarized):
1. The lack of marketability of women's golf.
2. The xenophobia
3. The focus on looks
4. Relative lack of US talent
5. The fall of Michelle Wie

It's not xenophobic to be bored by a bunch of automatons. And you don't have to be focused on looks to notice they aren't much to look at.

I enjoy watching the Solheim Cup, but that's about it, so I admit to being a little xenophobic when it comes to women's golf. Probably would be worse if it was U.S. vs. the world instead of just Europe. Like watching 385 yard par 4's and people hitting 8-irons from 150 as it's a lot more relatable to the double-digit handicapper than 510 yard par 4's and 180 yard 8-irons. Women's tennis(fewer aces, longer rallies, etc.) and women's golf could be very enjoyable if they had the stars/personalities.

Go Cheyenne! 1 up with 1 to play.

Back