• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cheyenne Woods at US Amateur Public Links

Any Deacs who want to come out and play Bandon are welcome guests at my place. Might even be able to get you in-state greens fees too. The place is absolutely phenomenal, but be prepared to shoot 10-12 strokes higher than normal.

Any Deacs who want to come out and play Bandon are welcome guests at my place. Might even be able to get you in-state greens fees too. The place is absolutely phenomenal, but be prepared to shoot 10-12 strokes higher than normal.

Be careful what you wish for.... :D

Dodd just three putted from 20 feet and the match is now all square after the 25th hole.

Dodd is a heckuva player. She is going to be very good at Wake. Very mature for her age too.

Dodd just fell 1 down through 29 holes. Got enough holes left to get it back though.

Well shit, she lost on the last putt of the 36th hole. Great run though. I look forward to seeing what Marissa can do at Wake.

Well that sucked. UCLA women's team has to be stacked for Do not to make top 5. great week for Wake golf though. Webb and Bill in final 3 groups today and Cheyenne and Dodd giving Wake a lot of positive pub on The Golf Channel.

Watching the playback now. I would hate to play this course in the conditions they had yesterday. 30-40 miles winds wreaking havoc on the men and women. Bogeys winning holes. Clemson's Corbin Mills,men's medalist, will be in the men's final.

Enjoy watching Dodd. Glad she will be a Deacon. They interviewed Cheyenne about her loss. She was wearing a Wake hat, and was very positive in her interview. Announcers mentioned Dianne Dailey talked about how good her attitude is and Cheyenne talked about how much she was looking forward to being teammates with Dodd.

Dodd's Dad is her caddy. He was the goalie for Duke's 1986 national champion soccer team. She has a 4.25 GPA, and Marissa and her family are all certified divers.

Mills is stupid good. Caddied for my brother a tourney and he was paired with mills, who was 15, maybe 16 at the time. He shot the easiest 66 (with a double on the last hole). Kid is nasty.

Side note - I LOL at the entire notion of an amateur championship for the public course crowd, when it ends up being dominated by the college players.

Back