• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

Lester doing his part, unsurprisingly.

C'monnnnnnnnnn bats

2016 Chicago Cubs Thread: 103-58-1 NL Central Champions

I think our best friend at this point is Cueto's pitch count

Third time through and we aren't touching his pitches

I'm thinking it's about time for some aggressive small ball, especially with the bottom third coming up. 1-0 wins the game.

Or just let Strop PH and maybe he rekindles that post season magic. IDK.

Feel like Cueto is pitching better but Giants are chasing Lester's stuff early. Chapman up already.

Its edwardo Nunez - just throw strikes for the love of god, he's not gonna put the ball anywhere

Yes. One down, two to go. Cueto, Lester and the defense of both teams were just outstanding. Thanks Javy.

I walked next door to my bar in the 7th, even though I was nice and comfy on the couch, to switch up the vibes. You're welcome.

GO CUBS GO

2016 Chicago Cubs Thread: 103-58-1 NL Central Champions

This FOX postgame with ARod, Pete Rose and the Big Hurt is terribad

Still so hype from last night. I yelled so loud when the ball left Javy's bat.

Solid game last night overall - not the "instant October classic" that A-Rod proclaimed it or whatever right after the end, but a really good game.

Tremendous job by the bullpen to hold a two run lead for a 5-2 Cub victory. 5.1 shutout innings in relief of an injured Hendricks. The travel day off allows the bullpen to rest. Kudos to Travis Wood for setting the bullpen's tone and adding a solo HR to extend the lead. The second relief pitcher in post season history to hit a homer. Two down, one to go.

Last edited:
Back