• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

A larger variety of Cub fans posting on the last two pages. Good to see.

I'm curious to see the roster. There are more deserving contributors than places available. My quick count has 14 pitchers and 15 position players. Speaks to the depth of the team. We could have had a contest guessing who makes it.

A larger variety of Cub fans posting on the last two pages. Good to see.

I'm curious to see the roster. There are more deserving contributors than places available. My quick count has 14 pitchers and 15 position players. Speaks to the depth of the team. We could have had a contest guessing who makes it.

Pitchers - Arrieta, Lackey, Lester, Hendricks, Chapman, Rondon, Wood, Strop, Cahill, Smith, Edwards

Catchers - Montero, Ross, Contreras
IF - Rizzo, Zo, Baez, Addy, KBoom, TLS
OF - JHey, Dex, Cogs, Almora, Szczur/Soler

Montgomery is tough to leave off for Cahill, but in a short series, not sure we go with 3 lefties in a 7 person pen. Maybe. Smith/Grimm is a tossup too - but I think Maddon goes with funk since Grimm has been poor the last month+. Soler is on the team if healthy, if not Szczur,

I guess Monte is a lock? he did swing a better bat down the stretch.

Also if ever start arugably our hottest batter Contreras at another position we'd probably want Monte as an option to replace Ross if needed

You wrote it. Montero's bat is working again. He is a veteran, playoff tested and knows the staff. On roster.

I guess Monte is a lock? he did swing a better bat down the stretch.

Also if ever start arugably our hottest batter Contreras at another position we'd probably want Monte as an option to replace Ross if needed

Pretty sure Maddon has said we're carrying 3 catchers.

I agree with DaDeacs except I think Coghlan is replaced with Soler/Szczur for that final spot.

Pretty sure Maddon has said we're carrying 3 catchers.

I agree with DaDeacs except I think Coghlan is replaced with Soler/Szczur for that final spot.

Eh, Cogs has that flexibility to play the infield that can be invaluable if anything comes up. And he is hitting pretty well.

Wouldn't surprise me to see them go with Szczur over Almora if Soler is healthy. Bottom line is there will be quality talent left off the roster which is nice problem to have.

Wouldn't surprise me to see them go with Szczur over Almora if Soler is healthy. Bottom line is there will be quality talent left off the roster which is nice problem to have.

Agreed - I think Szczur has "earned" it more based on his time with the team this year, I just think Almora gives more benefit in a series because of his defense - and his bat is at least as adequate.

Roster announced. Almora/Cogs in, Szczur off. Good call Da. Grimm/Montgomery in, Cahill off.

CuLG_UuUkAA7EuY.jpg

Hammel, Cahill, Smith and Szczur are the odd men out. All have made significant contributions to the team. That said, I like this roster. Three LHP and four RHP in the bullpen. Usual starters. As well as Szczur has done as a pinch hitter, Almora is the better choice.

2016 Chicago Cubs Thread: 103-58-1 NL Central Champions

Any predictions on the lineup tonight against Cueto?

Brought my Cubs hat to school today and using it to randomly select project assignments. I will certainly be rocking it at the end of the day.

11 wins. That's it fellas. 11 wins.

Any predictions on the lineup tonight against Cueto?

Brought my Cubs hat to school today and using it to randomly select project assignments. I will certainly be rocking it at the end of the day.

11 wins. That's it fellas. 11 wins.

Lester/Rossy - Riz/Zo/Addy/Baez Kboom/Dez/JHey - thats my guess, maybe switch Bryant back to 3rd and Zo go to left and Baez at 2nd.

For tonight:

National anthem: Wayne Messmer
First pitch: Billy Williams
Play ball: Mike Ditka
7th inning stretch: Ryan Dempster, Kerry Wood

LETS GO

Wonder if the Ricketts will invite Trump to hang with them and Ditka

2016 Chicago Cubs Thread: 103-58-1 NL Central Champions

Would love to see Rossy get on base here to keep his mojo going

Back