• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

Yeah, small sample size for the postseason but the Cubs bullpen has had 21 inherited runners and 8 have scored (38.1% IRS). Remaining two teams: Dodgers have had 26 inherited runners and 6 have scored (26.1%) and Cleveland has had 11 inherited runners and 2 have scored (18.2%).

league average in 2016 in the nl was 30%. if you're going to give an sss caveat maybe try to put it in context.

For all I know, Maddon had stats on Lackey versus the next three batters and Montgomery versus the next three and made his decision based on numbers. Today, the sophistication and amount of information at a managers disposal is staggering. The nature of the game has changed on the basis of this information. As disappointed as Lackey was coming out of the game, I suspect he respects his manager for the willingness to make and implement his decisions. It worked and the Cubs won.

I'm beginning to believe Montgomery was a good pick up.

i'd be shocked if maddon had stats like that. they're really, really hard to find.

i should adhere to my "inane bullshit thread" tag, but #playoffs.

league average in 2016 in the nl was 30%. if you're going to give an sss caveat maybe try to put it in context.

Yeah I had that pulled up in front of me so I already had the context and I figured Da did as well. Thanks for the addition though it's helpful.

i'd be shocked if maddon had stats like that. they're really, really hard to find.
FWIW, I tested your theory. Brought up Gonzalez vs. Lester on Gametracker. Had the stats within a minute. I suspect the dugout can provide a lot more info in a much shorter period of time. It's their profession. Try it for yourself. You'll be surprised.

Sarcasm alert Blackjack. But honestly don't mind Phan he's just another Silicon Valley derp now. Make eye contact with him and he's done.

The only way to make eye contact with a mutant like phan is when you're walking down the aisle of an airplane and you see him sitting there with his knees against his chest.

Broken arm for Brian Hoyer. Chicago gonna get trounced allaround tonight.

Good stuff Biff. You're quickly catching up with BSF and Moonz in the OGBoards suicide pool. The only uncertainty is which personality it will be.

Back