• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

He's been awful in first innings. Pitching around the zone a lot it seems. Struck out the side in the first but threw 30 pitches and allowed two runs. Looked great to leadoff and then just seemed tentative.

Anybody going to the final home series? I have tix for last two. Hopefully they clinch on Saturday.

Outscored the oppo by 90 in the second half after outscoring them by 0 in the first. Gaining steam!

Baez in particular has really raised his offensive game since the ASB. Never a dull moment with that cat. Not sure what he's doing exactly hair wise at the mo doe

Im still trying to decide if I like the dread mullet. Not sure, seems to be working for him though. Went 2nd to home on a swinging bunt today.

Lack looked better, not a lot of hard contact - lets hope he keeps that up through the end of the season. Still guessing hes the odd man out of the rotation come playoff time, but you never know.

7.5 back of the Nats. If we could somehow secure home field over them that would be cool.

Let's catch them next week. Today I'm all about the Nats.

I was at the Nats/Brewers game yesterday - we'd much rather see MKE/STL than the Cubs, but agree that Nats/Cubs is nearly a foregone conclusion.

Baez was removed from the game Saturday and the offense disappears. Arrieta was removed from the game Sunday and the offense disappears. Fortunately both players appear able to return to action quickly. The Cubs have had their share of adversity this season. With Russell and Contreras still on the DL and Lester's less than stellar performance Saturday, the team is wary of further injury to major players. Concentration can lapse. Maddon's use of Martin on the mound was a reminder that it's just one game. No big deal. Get'm tomorrow.

Didn't get'm. Pirates retire last 16 Cub hitters in order. Edwards gives up 3 hits, 2 walks and two runs in the eighth. Pirates steal a 4-3 win. That one hurt.

Yeh at least Milwaukee had a stinky time of it in Cincintucky. Worried Cards are heating up

Another opportunity tonight. Saw that Jake will only miss 1-2 starts, which is far better news that we could have gotten at this point.

Quintana time tonight.

The good guys can really create some space with the Brewers this weekend, but with the way the Redbirds are playing Milwaukee may not be the threat. Scoreboard watching creates such anxiety, but after the last 25 years I have to remember what a good problem it is to have.

Fourteen of the final 23 games are against the Brewers and the Cards. Great fun.

Contreras is going to Myrtle Beach to rehab for two games. Pelicans took a dive when they lost Jimenez, Flete and Rose in the Quintana deal but are in the playoffs as the first half winner. Finally got a break.

Looking forward to the Friday nighter vs. the Brew Crew tomorrow.

I remember WGN used to show some Saturday nighters back in the day. Vividly recall Glenallen Hill going HAM in one of those

DJHwMHPXkAEqnZv.jpg

The Cubs have scored 4+ runs in two of ten September games. In the other eight games they have scored a total of ten runs. The problem is obvious.

We have a pennant race. Reds winning, #mypirates are losing. Quintana on the bump. Let's goooo.

Back