• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

Also, Cubs are in purgatory for international signings this year - so no shot at Shohei Otani. Dang.

Cubs schedule down the stretch looks challenging. Finish with Mets and then Cards come in for 3 this weekend. Then its at Tampa for 2, at Brew Crew for 4, at Cards for 4, and then home for 3 with lifeless Reds.

Cards win, Brewcrew win.

DJm5ZNIXUAA6QR5.jpg

No Grace pic? :thumbsup:

Speaking of Grace, interesting article from a few years ago after DUI #2: http://m.mlb.com/news/article/42598...rk-grace-one-month-into-four-month-jail-term/

Last edited:
Also, Cubs are in purgatory for international signings this year - so no shot at Shohei Otani. Dang.
This is probably not true. He will choose someone on the promise of future earnings and that team will have the means to give him a 9 figure extension.

This is probably not true. He will choose someone on the promise of future earnings and that team will have the means to give him a 9 figure extension.

I read that, the max he can get right now is a few million, so he may be ok taking the $300k or whatever - but the Yanks and Sawx can both promise the same payday and pay out now. I guess it's not completely dead - my guess is he goes wherever Yu goes.

Jen-Ho Tseng wins Cubs Minor League Pitcher of the Year award. Victor Caratini wins the Minor League Player of the Year award.

Tseng has been called up to Chicago and added to the roster. When he met with Maddon he was told he would start the Thursday night game against the Mets, replacing Montgomery. Montgomery will return to the bullpen. Maddon may have decided that Justin Wilson isn't the lefty he can trust in leveraged situations. Pierce Johnson was DFA to make room on the roster.

Jen-Ho Tseng wins Cubs Minor League Pitcher of the Year award. Victor Caratini wins the Minor League Player of the Year award.

Tseng has been called up to Chicago and added to the roster. When he met with Maddon he was told he would start the Thursday night game against the Mets, replacing Montgomery. Montgomery will return to the bullpen. Maddon may have decided that Justin Wilson isn't the lefty he can trust in leveraged situations. Pierce Johnson was DFA to make room on the roster.

The Justin Wilson for whom the Cubs traded in exchange for their best prospect? Great. Avila has been good at least.

Bats really woke up last night. Let's get the sweep today and keep putting the Brewers sweep in the rear view mirror

Here come the bats. 9-5 good guys, storming back in the 4th.

The redbirds are rolling. This is going to be an exciting month.

Another weekend, another chance to knock out a contender. Need a net gain this weekend.

Most runs in a three game series for the Cubs since 87. Most runs scored against the mets in a three game series ever

Keep in mind that it was against the AA Mets- the real Mets players were all traded away.

Magic number 10 for Brewers and 8 for Cards.

The playoff probability statistics are odd to me. They have the Cubs at 97.7% and the Brewers at 11.1% I'd rather be up 4 than down 4, but those teams play head to head that many times in Milwaukee and the Brewers just swept the Cubs two weeks ago. If the Brewers catch the Cubs, the Cubs are likely to fall behind the Rockies.

Not sure I believe the polls...

Just checked: The Brewers finish the season in St. Louis. That's best case scenario for the good guys. If they can go 4-4 in the eight games against the two of them, that sets the Cubs up to have either won it (and rested the staff) before the final weekend, or gun down what's left of Cincinnati to close it out.

Back