• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

Anything can happen in five games and obviously it's not desirable to go up against Strasburg and Scherzer. I think it's going to be a hell of a series. I don't know why either fanbase wouldn't be worried. They're both good teams.

Would have been nice to seen a dominant Jake yesterday. We did...not.

Biff, you forgot to add the Yankees, Twins, Astros, Indians, Diamondbacks and Rockies/Brewers.

Out of curiosity, do you have a favorite baseball team or is it whoever is playing the Cubs?

The Cubbies eliminated St. Louis on its home field last night while starting all four catchers on our active roster at different positions and a total of 6 AAA players. Hilarious.

Well the Cards do lead the world series title count over Cubs by a score of 11-3. They are probably not that bent over things.

Well the Cards do lead the world series title count over Cubs by a score of 11-3. They are probably not that bent over things.

They probably are not pleased that in a span of four days they witnessed:

The Cards being eliminated from the Central
The Cubs winning the Central
The Cubs eliminating the Cards from the playoffs with a minor league roster

...but yeah the 11-3 WS count probably helps them sleep at night.

Biff, you forgot to add the Yankees, Twins, Astros, Indians, Diamondbacks and Rockies/Brewers.

Out of curiosity, do you have a favorite baseball team or is it whoever is playing the Cubs?

Historically, the Braves and Red Sox. Used to watch the Cubs day games on WGN as a kid, but really came to loathe Cubs fans during the 2003 NLDS against the Braves. So yeah, whoever is about to beat down the Cubs is my favorite team.

God help us all if Biff's bitterness over playing App lasts 14 years

Back