• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chris Givens traded to Ravens

Whether or not StL was a golden opportunity, he has 1 now. He's the only healthy WR with any speed. If he can't beat out Marlon Brown for p-t in the next few weeks, then it's not going to happen for him anywhere.

Thought Givens played pretty well last night given his limited opportunities. Burned his man in the first half and should've had a 50 yd TD, but Flacco underthrew him, allowing Matthieu to recover and break up the pass. Then on the Raven's final drive, ran right by his man and made a nice grab for a crucial 30 yd gain. Hopefully he earned himself an increased role going forward as the Ravens could definitely use a legitimate deep threat.

Yep, a well thrown ball would have been a TD on that first throw.

Also had a reverse, but it was blown up and he never really had a chance.

Yeah, but if he can't earn more p-t and targets than that, he's nearing the end of his pro career. The Ravens have nothing at WR other than Smith with Camp and Perriman gone.

Yeah, but if he can't earn more p-t and targets than that, he's nearing the end of his pro career. The Ravens have nothing at WR other than Smith with Camp and Perriman gone.

True but gotta figure hes still learning the system so good chance his usage begins to increase.

And Camp's injury was supposed to be only about 4 weeks give or take. But because of the timing and the Raven's roster they had to place him on the IR. Tough break considering he may be healthy for the last half of the season but wont be able to play.

The one knock (OK, maybe two... his size) on Camp is durability; ability to stay healthy. He had some issues at WF, and they have followed him to the NFL.

He barely knows the playbook. I'm certain he'll get his chance.

True but gotta figure hes still learning the system so good chance his usage begins to increase.

And Camp's injury was supposed to be only about 4 weeks give or take. But because of the timing and the Raven's roster they had to place him on the IR. Tough break considering he may be healthy for the last half of the season but wont be able to play.

I hate the NFL's dumb IR rules. Given the fact that players have, on average, 3-4 year careers, forcing teams to make these kinds of decisions is just terrible for the players.

Agreed. Especially because there's no shortage of players who would love to temporarily take Camp's roster spot.

pretty easy to abuse though. baseball has plenty of 'sore left roster spots' where somebody with a dubious injury is put on the DL for a bit.

Givens with the Ravens:

12 games, 6 starts, 19 catches. Pretty good average YPC with some long TDs.

Givens with the Ravens:

12 games, 6 starts, 19 catches. Pretty good average YPC with some long TDs.

Given we had lost our top 3 WRs, and he had ample opportunities to prove himself, not very impressive. Jeremy Butler outplayed him. I don't know if Givens will be offered any kind of contract.

Given we had lost our top 3 WRs, and he had ample opportunities to prove himself, not very impressive. Jeremy Butler outplayed him. I don't know if Givens will be offered any kind of contract.

Of course it's not his fault though.

Ravens will likely offer him a 1yr deal for the vet minimum (about 750K)

Has he been in the league long enough to get pension? Hugh Douglass said on 92.9 the Game the other day it only takes 4 years but that seems really short to me.

Has he been in the league long enough to get pension? Hugh Douglass said on 92.9 the Game the other day it only takes 4 years but that seems really short to me.

Actually, you only need to be active for 3 games I believe. You don't qualify for much, but the more years you play for, the more you qualify for. I think it's like $450 a month for every accrued season, which a season is considered accrued if you are active for 3 games...I think

Back